2011 USPSA AREA 7 HANDGUN CHAMPIONSHIPS

SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2011

HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB

HARVARD, MA

10 Stages

$70.00 Match Fee

Applications are available at the Harvard Action Shooters website:

www.harvardactionshooters.com

The match will be a single-day format with one group of squads per day. Competitors will shoot primarily on Saturday and Sunday. Friday is primarily scheduled for Staff and Sponsors.

Shooters' Meeting will be at 9:00 with first shots at 9:30. 9 squads limited to 8 shooters each, so we hope to have you on your way home by 3:00.

Feel free to ask questions and we'll try to get you answers.

A huge thank you to all the New England USPSA clubs for being part of our local major matches. It cannot happen without them.

American Firearms School, North Attleboro

Bass River Rod and Gun, Yarmouthport

Boston Urban Action Shooters, Dorchester

Green Mountain Practical Shooters, Morrisville

Hampden Rifle and Pistol, Hampden

Harvard Action Shooters, Harvard

Maine Practical Shooters, Augusta

Manville Rod and Gun, Manville

Monson Action Shooters, Monson

New Bedford Rod and Gun, North Dartmouth

Westfield Practical Shooters, Westfield

• 5 weeks later...

This is great - I'm going to get to meet/r.o a lot of BEnos folks :lol: Make sure you introduce yourself when you get to our stage - Boston Urban Action Shooters. I'll be the lady with the great 'tan' :P We may be using a slightly modified "Spanky" stage. Thanks Spanky. Your stage designs rock.

Edited by kimmie

What a price! What type of stages? Will the recommended format for long, medium and short be followed?

I for one hope not! I do not want to travel 5 hours plus to do a boat load of 8 round courses. Put in two, OK, in one pit, then a couple 16's and the rest 32's With a classifier thrown in, which is usually either a short or medium you can real quick bore the crap out of your shooters. No one I know wants to do a lot of short stages. Not that they can't be fun, but to many will either be boring, overly technical or time consuming. You put two in a pit, and move on, throw in a classifier with a third short next to it depending on the classifier you use and make the balance tending towards the long, freestyle type. Shorter courses tend to turn into stand ans shoots.

Besides if you do the match to exactly match the suggested mix and want a round count that is equally spread across all three types of stage you

If my memory serves me the ration is 3 short, 2 medium and one long.

Max Rnds # Stages Total Rnds

Short 8 8 64

Medium 16 4 64

Long 32 2 64

Totals 14 192

Is it legal to bring full capacity mags to MA for this match?

I am NOT an attorney, and this is NOT TO BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE.

That being said, I can mention that MA has a re-statement of the federal AW ban and that mags made after the Sept 1994 date are unlawful in MA.

What a price! What type of stages? Will the recommended format for long, medium and short be followed?

I hope not! More Long and Medium courses. Fewer short!

Like they say at Great Adventure in NJ, More Rounds, More Fun! (They actuality say more rides, but I am taking literary license)

I hope not! More Long and Medium courses. Fewer short!

Like they say at Great Adventure in NJ, More Rounds, More Fun! (They actuality say more rides, but I am taking literary license)

I was hoping for longer courses as well. It would be a long trip and I was trying to decide if this match goes on the schedule or not. However, I did not want to step on anyones toes. Just wanted to know.

I'm sure someone from the group will chime in but take a look at what the Harvard crew did at the sectionals- Northeast Sectionals 2010- I don' think you can see the stages but in the results you can see the shot counts/stage.

This video was actually shot during our Sectionals last year (ME @1:49!!!!).

And these are some other videos. Very typical of a Harvard match - even their monthly matches are like this! (As I recall, there were only a couple of 'speed shoots'). So, no doubt plenty of running and gunning.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kenbarslibs#p/u/30/o83D2vqnNj4

http://www.youtube.com/user/kenbarslibs#p/u/41/2Hzepvn4ZSc

http://www.youtube.com/user/kenbarslibs#p/u/34/J3dAj-lQSgA Our stage - Boston Urban Action Shooters and ME!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kenbarslibs#p/u/38/f7qmFVswjGs

Edited by kimmie

• 2 weeks later...

2011 USPSA AREA 7 HANDGUN CHAMPIONSHIPS

SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2011

HARVARD SPORTSMEN'S CLUB

HARVARD, MA

10 Stages

$70.00 Match Fee

Applications are available at the Harvard Action Shooters website:

www.harvardactionshooters.com

The match will be a single-day format with one group of squads per day. Competitors will shoot primarily on Saturday and Sunday. Friday is primarily scheduled for Staff and Sponsors.

Shooters' Meeting will be at 9:00 with first shots at 9:30. 9 squads limited to 8 shooters each, so we hope to have you on your way home by 3:00.

Feel free to ask questions and we'll try to get you answers.

A huge thank you to all the New England USPSA clubs for being part of our local major matches. It cannot happen without them.

American Firearms School, North Attleboro

Bass River Rod and Gun, Yarmouthport

Boston Urban Action Shooters, Dorchester

Green Mountain Practical Shooters, Morrisville

Hampden Rifle and Pistol, Hampden

Harvard Action Shooters, Harvard

Maine Practical Shooters, Augusta

Manville Rod and Gun, Manville

Monson Action Shooters, Monson

New Bedford Rod and Gun, North Dartmouth

Westfield Practical Shooters, Westfield

Dan

In thought this match was to use USPSA self squading. I have been placed on a squad and have not receive an email with a password yet. Will these be sent out soon?

Mike

From the research I've done and the LEO's I've spoke to there is NO provision for magazine capacity over 10rnds if the mag was built after Sept. 1994. The provision are only made to allow you to bring the weapon in state to compete at the match. Now, not sure how to tell the date of magazine manufacture but I'm sure a case could be made that if the pistol you are shooting wasn't designed / built until 10yrs ago there is a good chance the high capacity mags for it were not produced prior to that. I think that since this question has been asked several times and there is no "Official" response given may be an indication of how sensitive an issue this is. As I see it, the law is the law. As stated, it is a felony, so I choose not to test the law. I don't agree with it but I don't vote in that state so it's not for me to contest. It will be L-10 for out of Vermont endeavors for me.

• 2 weeks later...
From the research I've done and the LEO's I've spoke to there is NO provision for magazine capacity over 10rnds if the mag was built after Sept. 1994. The provision are only made to allow you to bring the weapon in state to compete at the match. Now, not sure how to tell the date of magazine manufacture but I'm sure a case could be made that if the pistol you are shooting wasn't designed / built until 10yrs ago there is a good chance the high capacity mags for it were not produced prior to that. I think that since this question has been asked several times and there is no "Official" response given may be an indication of how sensitive an issue this is. As I see it, the law is the law. As stated, it is a felony, so I choose not to test the law. I don't agree with it but I don't vote in that state so it's not for me to contest. It will be L-10 for out of Vermont endeavors for me.

The law is clear - post Sept 1994 not legal in MA. No, the state does not have a history of going after this - but that does NOT mean it is legal.

I don't know where you got the idea that voting has to do with anything in MA. If voting could change anything they would have outlawed it years ago :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...