Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

case pro - how to best capture sized cartridges?

picked up a casepro and the posness-warren autodrive for it, very pleased but need to put together a more robust tray-assembly to catch the sized cartridges and funnel them into a bucket or collection bin. Was going to just buy a few sheets of kydex and try and fold something into shape, but curious to see how others have addressed this? If anyone has solved this on their own, would certainly appreciate any pics of whatever you've put together so I can start out on the right track! thanks in advance, jared

$1.28 worth of roof flashing and some duct/electrical tape. maybe the best answers sometimes are just the simple one - thanks for the reality check. (but for my next one after I win the lotto I'm breaking out the tig :devil:)

post-959-025042000 1294204659_thumb.jpg

post-959-054996400 1294204733_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When did you get the casepro, and how long did you have to wait? I have been waiting for 4 months. I have emailed a couple of times, and always get a reply that he is trying to get parts and that I am on the list. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is the current price? I have never been contacted to place my order, so I have no idea what the price currently is.

Ryan

When did you get the casepro, and how long did you have to wait? I have been waiting for 4 months. I have emailed a couple of times, and always get a reply that he is trying to get parts and that I am on the list. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is the current price? I have never been contacted to place my order, so I have no idea what the price currently is.

Ryan

I am on the same list, I hear that it just takes a while but as soon as he gets them done he will contact the people on the list and get them shipped out. From what I have been told it is worth the wait and the wait is usually very long.

RWL:

Got mine after a several month wait. I don't have the exact cost, but I think, with shipping, it was under 800 with a Duplex die (reversible die plate for two cartridges. Mine is 9mm/40S&W, other combo's are common, and may explain the photo you're asking about).

I'm on the same list...last time I talk to him he was just about to received the casting and they were going to the powder coating....shouldn't be too long now......

Edited by dansy

Some really neat setups, but can someone tell me what this machine actually does? I've never seen one before.

It roll resize the brass....

Neat, but that leads to my next question, why not resize with a standard resize die? Or is this to get rid of things like Glock Bulge? I assume there is a very good reason for this machine, so educate me please.

Thanks.

It was originally designed for 38 super, to get rid of the guppy belly from unsupported barrels in the good ole days. Then they made different inserts for .40 to get rid of the glock bulge, and then 9mm. I think they offered .45 as well. It gets the bottom of the case back to original specs. as the regular dies can't go that far down.

DougC