Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

I am gonna run my PMags and 44 round mags and my new Surefire 60 round mag. I'm just going to download them to 30 just like we do in USPSA Production and Limited 10 Divisions. It will be up to the RO's to count and determine if I loaded more than 30. Ha ha!

It's ridiculous to think about going to buy 5 steel mags to use for this one match.

Jesse.....all I can say is welcome to Open, remember the RO does not have to count, just look at the little number in the window on the TIMER! Dang it! Out thunk by a guy from West Virginia. :devil: Here is an idea, just like they do in Canada, drill a hole in the back and put a pop rivet in it so it only holds 30 rounds and you are within the rules! See you this weekend buddy!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well to make it really simple you could just say magazines can't be loaded with more than 30. Or say that mags can't hold more than 33 rounds. Based on your answers I can't tell if I show up with a Pmag, which easily holds 31, if I'm shooting Open, or if I'm good as long as I only load 30.

Putting a cap at 30 rounds when the most popular magazines can actually hold 31 is a recipe for trouble.

Well to make it really simple you could just say magazines can't be loaded with more than 30. Or say that mags can't hold more than 33 rounds. Based on your answers I can't tell if I show up with a Pmag, which easily holds 31, if I'm shooting Open, or if I'm good as long as I only load 30.

Putting a cap at 30 rounds when the most popular magazines can actually hold 31 is a recipe for trouble.

Always pushing the issue....are you like an Area Director for a gamer organization that I am a life member of? :D Ok...how about this for now. It is late, I have to finish setting up a m,atch tomorrow. Let me talk with Tommy this weekend and we will discuss it and then provide an answer over the weekend. I will take a hard look at what you are saying in regards to modification of no more than 30 loaded at anytime.

Is that fair at this point?

Larry

Just to clarify, if the mags hold more than 30 they will not be allowed in the Tactical Optics and Tactical Limited Divisions.

Larry

I am unsure of what the match hopes to accomplish by use of this rule. It is going to be nearly impossible for the staff to enforce as about half of the Pmags will hold more than 30. If a rule can not be easily enforced by ROs the rule becomes worthlsss and they have more important things to do than try and count rounds before a reload. And just because a shooter reloads at round 30 does not mean the mag was not loaded in excess of 30. Suggestion: If you really desire to knock out Surefire and Beta Mags just say they may not be used. But still not sure why that is desirable since Beta's are rarely used anyway and Surefire is a big sponsor of our sport.

Wish I could be there to enjoy the match even if I had to use 20 round mags.

Just curious,

Would this match be open to spectators. I'm considering getting into 3-gun and I'd like to come watch for a day, but can't clear up the weekend to come play. Also, would a spectator be allowed to shoot any side matches? Might as well pull the trigger for charity if I can.

Thanks

Guys, give him a few days to sort things out. It's his match, and Jesse, just like you wanted to try something different with your single Division matches, Larry is trying something with the magazines. Cut him some slack. I'm sure it's all going to work out before the first shot fired.

Just curious,

Would this match be open to spectators. I'm considering getting into 3-gun and I'd like to come watch for a day, but can't clear up the weekend to come play. Also, would a spectator be allowed to shoot any side matches? Might as well pull the trigger for charity if I can.

Thanks

Spectators are always welcome. Just bring eye and ear protection and all your questions about 3 gun.

Guys, give him a few days to sort things out. It's his match, and Jesse, just like you wanted to try something different with your single Division matches, Larry is trying something with the magazines. Cut him some slack. I'm sure it's all going to work out before the first shot fired.

Cut Larry slack? Not a chance! I'm gonna bust his chops all weekend at Ozark. I might even withhold giving him a cup until he gives in

Jesse if you are going to shoot open, you might as well take your electric scooter and do it right!! :cheers: You guys are killing me. I wanted to go to this match, and my son started college this year, so you know where my money is going. :( The up side is that he is my only kid, and he better take care of me when I get old, or I'm asking for my money back!

Cut Larry slack? Not a chance! I'm gonna bust his chops all weekend at Ozark. I might even withhold giving him a cup until he gives in

Makers Mark will do the trick....

Hate to change the subject but have to bail on this match and give up my slot. Know there are guys waiting. Have sent a couple of Emails to Linda and Larry but no response back. Anybody got any Ideas of how I can cancel my slot. Like to give the next guy on the list some lead time. Thanks

Hate to change the subject but have to bail on this match and give up my slot. Know there are guys waiting. Have sent a couple of Emails to Linda and Larry but no response back. Anybody got any Ideas of how I can cancel my slot. Like to give the next guy on the list some lead time. Thanks

Email to Linda will do it. She is just likely out of pocket now.

I have to add a new quote to my signature block...."I'll shoot shotgun, I shoot it better than any of you!" Jesse did I get the quote right before I post it?

I am going to look at an overall length for the 30 round mags....kinda like the 140mm for USPSA Limited, then try to jamb as many rounds in it as you want! Look for the magazine box coming to a match near you!

Larry

Edited by sbmd

I have to add a new quote to my signature block...."I'll shoot shotgun, I shoot it better than any of you!" Jesse did I get the quote right before I post it?

I am going to look at an overall length for the 30 round mags....kinda like the 140mm for USPSA Limited, then try to jamb as many rounds in it as you want! Look for the magazine box coming to a match near you!

Larry

I actually said 'I'll shoot the shotgun. I can shoot it faster than anyone here." If you watch the videos I think you will find that I wasn't kidding. ;)

I like the overall length idea a lot! Keep up the great Range Mastering.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Was that before or after I got to shoot the shotgun on the right side??? Jesse thanks for the clarification.

Now for the good news. Tommy an I chatted about this topic this weekend. We will be going with the box for Tactical Optics and Tactical Limited OAL mag length.

The box will be 3" wide X 7.5" long X 1.25" high. That covers all the 30 round magazines I have in the garage which is about 90% of them on the market. I do not have a Thermomold but I do have standard GI mags, Pmags and Lancer. I hope I have made the box big enough to accommodate all the magazines out there. Did I miss any of them in 3 Gun?

Larry

Yay for the Tactical magazine box! :) Now I can just stick with PMags, and not have to rivet them and turn 'em into FrankenMags. :roflol:

Does anybody know the layout of the range? Can I plan on driving from stage to stage, or will I need to lug the 3-Gun cart along?

Yay for the Tactical magazine box! :) Now I can just stick with PMags, and not have to rivet them and turn 'em into FrankenMags. :roflol:

Does anybody know the layout of the range? Can I plan on driving from stage to stage, or will I need to lug the 3-Gun cart along?

Range Layout....

You can drive to stages 1, 8 and 9. I would recommend the cart for 2-7 as these are on a traditional bay layout. However it still is a short walk to the ranges from the parking area.

Larry

Larry,

Would you be comfortable flying into either of the two airports you have recommended?

Is one more "gun friendly" than the other?

I was even thinking about Pittsburgh although the drive is longer.

Just want to avoid potential hassles.

Thanks mister,

Patrick