Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Optic

Bansheex

I have a question. I have a XDM 9mm Open gun with the C-More optic. After a match, the lens is dirty from the comp and a bit hard to clean. What do you guys with C-More's use to clean the lens?

Rubbing alcohol and a Que tip works for me !

I use Novus plastic clean and shine on a soft cloth. I have it around for cleaning my motorcycle windshields and it works real well on the C-More lense as well. I also use it on my shooting glasses. The Harley shops sell it if you are interested.

http://www.novuspolish.com/plastic_clean_shine.html

Edited by BigTinVA

Along with ops question. Say you are shooting on a somewhat dusty range(breezy day with small amt. of dust). Should you use something like pressurized can of air(i.e. ones for computers) before using any type of wipe?

I use fire place window cleaner.....apply to the whole C-More (I also clean the body) let it dry wipe off, then I apply RainX on the lens. Between stages I use a fuzzy cotton rag to clean the lenses only.

I just use a "spudz" microfiber cloth that is attached to my range bag, stays where it needs to be, so it doesn't get lost, and the microfiber cloth doesn't scratch the lense, if the spudz gets to dirty, throw it in with the laundry and wash it. then attach to the bag and be done. I have had mine for years and haven't had to clean it once.

• 11 months later...

My C-More had a haze on it it was not clear I tried lense cloths didn't work I tried acytone I heard that would clean it it didn't so I read some where to clean it with Limeaway so I tried it with a Q tip it came out crystal clean took all the haze off of it it looks like new.

If Im visually focusing on the target, not on the dot, (as advised in this forum)then I should not be bothered by the dirt on my reddot lens ;) If the purpose is to protect it from possible damage from the blast, just cover it w/ tape. I do this even in matches, except when shooting thru grils or wood slats.