Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am without practice, but really deep in enjoyment mode where you are supposed to be.  This will be the LEAST prep I have ever had for a big match.  But we saw how over prep worked, so let's try  "have fun" instead.

Just back from the FL State 04 match.

Great job to "Hacksaw", Jody, Frank (RM) and the rest of the staff. That was the most fun I have had yet at a big match. Fun stages, PERFECT Weather, and friendly staff.

Congrats to "SMITTYFL" for dominating Limited Division. Shannon only won the stages he shot....seriously though a strong match from start to finish, and left us in the dust.

As for me, (since you asked).... I traveled 18 hours on Thursday to get home from Bolivia. Friday I picked up a new gun, loaded some ammo and dumped 100 rounds into the berm. Saturday and Sunday? Had the best finish yet at a state match.....so much for prep and knowing your gear. :blink:

Great job to "Hacksaw", Jody, Frank (RM) and the rest of the staff. That was the most fun I have had yet at a big match. Fun stages, PERFECT Weather, and friendly staff.

ABSOLUTELY! ... James and crew set a new standard for a "low entry fee match". The quality and quantity of the match and prizes were comparable to any match in our area, irrespective of price!

Great Match! Great job!

Leo

I am told that the results will be on the USPSA website shortly. The information has been uploaded but there is some type of technical error which has prevented them from appearing.

Keep checking the USPSA website as that is where they will appear first.

Leo

i had a great time there. first timer in titusville great range and perfect weather entry fee was low, prizes were great met some great folks from mesa AZ (bryan,eva,mick) great bunch..hope to see them again next year..thank you again to james and the rest of the crew for a great weekend..

James and crew put on a great match, Only my second large match and it was a blast.

Taking home a trophy was a huge bonus, my hand actually held up with only about 8 BC powders all weekend?

The shootoffs were a kick, I forgot what that much adrenaline felt like, thinking about using the cash to go to Area 6.

Stage 6 ate my lunch pins were well earned by many. :wacko:

The variety on stages was nice, and the fact you could dump your mags on nice short mowed grass and not have to clean them was great.

I met several board members, I sure wish I could remember the names with the faces.

Who was that talking to me about my gun just before the shootoffs???

I think Dirtypool as #1 Master Limited found himself a new training technique. <_<

Thank you all that made this a memorable weekend. B)

What did Stage 6 look like on match day? I saw the stage diagram on the website. Did it still have the mandatory reloads, box, and the 10 disappearing paper?

James and crew put on a great match, Only my second large match and it was a blast.

Taking home a trophy was a huge bonus, my hand actually held up with only about 8 BC powders all weekend?

The shootoffs were a kick, I forgot what that much adrenaline felt like, thinking about using the cash to go to Area 6.

The variety on stages was nice, and the fact you could dump your mags on nice short mowed grass and not have to clean them was great.

I met several board members, I sure wish I could remember the names with the faces.

Who was that talking to me about my gun just before the shootoffs???

I think Dirtypool as #1 Master Limited found himself a new training technique. <_<

Thank you all that made this a memorable weekend. B)

congrats on the win i think i came second to you in our class it was great to shoot with fellow BE forumers..nice to see the very controversial gun too ;)

Great Match. James and crew did an awesome job.

Thanks for the kind words Dirty, you shot a hell of a match yourself.

Flex,

Stage 6 was pretty much just like it was on paper. I initially thought the 2 mandatory reloads was kinda korny but it wasn't. It would have been one of the most fun stages I've ever shot. Everyone you talked to seemed to have "THE" way to shoot it and they were all different. I was looking forward to shooting the stage all weekend, it was my last stage of the match. I did an unplanned reload for some freaking reason and ran out of bullets as I watched the bank of 4 movers roll out of sight. :o

I'd love to shoot that one about 10 more times.

It was a great match. A little bit of everything. I especially liked the ultimate brain-fart button I walked away with - for my "sweet" run on stage 2:

Start the first string freestyle with a smoking run. I was so impressed with myself that I forgot to reload and shoot the strong hand part. Yep, I am just standing there looking at my hits with the clock running, thinking about how fast I just shot. Then, I hear the RO say, "UUhhh," and it occurs to me that I forgot something really important! So, I reload and finish (I was about to unload when I realized my "brain-fart"). The ROs said I wasted about 3 - 4 seconds. Oh, well.

Anyway, my hat is off to James and his crew. They did a great job.

The weather was great. We did the Space Center Monday. I definitely recommend that to anyone who has never been. It is awesome.

I hope to see everyone at the South Carolina Sectional.

Take care.

As for the Fl State match, I have to say that the shooters were great. I worked the match as a "new" shooter again. Haven't fired a round in two years worth telling about, and I have to tell you, the shooters made it fun again. Having said that I haven't shot in two years, I have never fired an open gun in competition, so I decided to do it right. If the first match you shoot in two years is a big one, why not go with another division? Riiiiiight. :huh:

Thanks to Dirtypool for his support as a friend over the last five years.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the match.

Hardball is shooting limited again. (Yeah, I liked open C class, but it isn't me.)

It was a great match. Stage 2 was really tough. I got 26 A's, 2 C's, and 7 proc. for forgetting to change a mag. I have been unable to find the results on USPSA.org. It is unusal to have great and breezy weather like we had. Who is going to GA.?