Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, shoot off I have planned is something we used to often in the old days that died out for some reason. Post Shoot! The goal is for the 3 man team to shoot a 4x4 post in half the fastest, 1 rifle, 1 pistol and 1 Tactical shotgun, no mag or Xrail or speed loaders, starting with 9 rounds max as in the match. On signal shoot the post clean off, make it fall away from its stand, no hanging by a thread, almost off, etc :devil:

You pick your own teams, you may only enter once, AM's will shoot off Sunday morning while Pro's finish shooting, $20 entry per team, we will shoot about 5 teams at a time, first team to put the post clean off on the ground advances up the ladder, prize money (after a little out for expenses) will be distributed to the top 3 teams

Top AM team will automatically be put in the finals with the Top Pro teams for a go against them :sight:

What say you? :cheers:

jc

I will be shooting :devil:

Is Buck Shot or Slugs allowed for the shotgun?

Jeff can I assume that I can use my shotgun with the xrail mounted as long as I only have 9 rounds in the gun just like it would be ok for an open shooter who has a extra long tube to use it provided he only loads 9 to start. Otherwise, the open guns are going to have to bring guns just for the shootoffs.

Just a newbie observation, this seems to have a significant equipment bias.

I can't see shooting a 9mm against a 45 or 223 against a 308.

Similar to shooting PINs.

Think I might have to pass.

Shoot off involving skill, I'm all in.

Thanks again for all the work and putting on the match!

David E.

David E.

I'm only guessing here, but if the shootoff requires the same equipment used in the match itself there most likely won't be many (if any) .45s and or .308s in the shootoff.

David E.

David there are two schools of thought here. While the larger caliber does more damage to the post, if you can double tap a 9mm or 223 in the time it takes to fire one 308 or 45 you are ahead of the game. And I have seen plently of folks who can hurt your feelings with a 9mm or 38 super shooting pins. It just depends on your peronal comfort zone.

David E.

David,

Bring Hollow Points!!!! EVERY thing you try, and do, will make you a better shooter!!

OK,

I'm back onboard.

Shotgun; slugs? 00 Buck (I've got a bunch of Wolf 00 Buck)? Or does it have to be something we shot in the match like high brass #6?

I'm thinking 00 Buck and Turkey choke on my 930. :cheers:

Time to put some real powder in those 9mm cases!

223? heavy HPs?

Dan, winning is everything, even if I don't win.

Thanks,

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

No shot size limit, you provide the ammo for your team, if the AM team gets in the top 3 in the Pro shoot off they get that levels money, do I hear a sandbagger or three out there

If you think of everyone shooting this match there is some pretty amazing 3 person teams possible, and not just one or two, I can't predict who would win this thing, but I feel the need to bring a handful of $1 bills and do a little side wagering just for fun

Going to be a little strategy involved in who shoots what gun etc

later :cheers:

223? heavy HPs?

David,

I shot an indoor pin match this past winter. I used Remington 55 hollow points and 55 soft points with my standard load of 25.5 H335. The hollow points got a better reaction. I think they had more opportunity to expand a bit. Those bullets are also a heavy plate, not a true jacket, and have a flatter nose. The heavy hollow points such as Match Kings may have a heavier jacket.

I know, not stuff to search for just before leaving for a match. :roflol:

I never should have gotten rid of my F250, not sure this Chevy 1/2 ton can haul all my gear and ammo!

do I hear a sandbagger or three out there

I'm thinking there are plenty of sandbaggers/gammers in AM thinking they will finish at the top.

I'm too new and inexperienced at this game to be a sandbagger/gammer. :rolleyes:

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

David,

Bring Hollow Points!!!! EVERY thing you try, and do, will make you a better shooter!!

Hey... they're doing "Team Brian"... you think we could get Horner and do Team Dan? My kung-fu is weak, but I AM shooting my .308 in the match. :devil:

DanO

Just an idea about thank you letters to sponsors. Maybe we could put together a list of addresses to make it easier for all wanting to write thank yous.

The addresses I have so far are:

DPMS Firearms, LLC

3312 12th Street SE

St. Cloud, MN 56304

ERGO Grip

Falcon Industries Inc.

P.O. Box 1459

Moriarty, NM 87035

Geissele Automatics

1920 W. Marshall Street

Norristown, PA 19403

Hornady Manufacturing Company

3625 West Old Potash Hwy

Grand Island, NE 68803

Nordic Components

PO Box 338

1158 B Highway 7 East

Hutchinson, MN 55350 USA

Noveske Rifleworks LLC.

P.O. Box 1401

Grants Pass, OR 97528

Just thought making some type of list available would be easier than everyone looking up each company.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Or just forgetaboutit?

David E.

I like where your head is at, but email contacts would be easier and Im sure would get a better response. Its easier to send 25 emails, than it is to put stamps on 25 envelopes and mail them.