Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

Keep in mind the way turkey shoots are conducted is you put your weapon on a table and anyone can use anyone else's gun. Everyone uses the same ammo.

Secret guns and do das??? I have yet to meet a top shooter who is not anxious to show you everything they are using. This I think is because that is what their sponsors desire and because they can pick up any gun on the table and spank anyone who actually asks them what they are using.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here is a question the past 30 minutes of reading this thread didn't produce an answer to.

Will no magnification be a competitive option in Pro/tac division?

I saw where far targets will be ~300 yards which is well within the reach of my eyeballs. Past that range, magnification starts to really be more of an advantage. If targets are well contrasted for the naked eye, then I may just leave the glass at home.

What you guys throwing this party say?

I watched Jeff Cramblett shoot a season with an Eotech and there were shots out to 600 yards. He was still competitive but he wasn't at the top and he went back to glass. Personally, I believe that the minute you go beyond 200 yards you should be using either glass or iron sights. Most of the dots cover too much target at the longer distances and they slow you down.

It's an opinion, but an opinion based on experience.

I watched Jeff Cramblett shoot a season with an Eotech and there were shots out to 600 yards. He was still competitive but he wasn't at the top and he went back to glass. Personally, I believe that the minute you go beyond 200 yards you should be using either glass or iron sights. Most of the dots cover too much target at the longer distances and they slow you down.

I can't argue your reasoning there, but the question of target presentation at "this match" is what I'm curious about. If targets are contrasted, and within 350yds, I'm running my EoTech, if outside of these 2 realms, I'll go with some magnification.

I can't argue your reasoning there, but the question of target presentation at "this match" is what I'm curious about. If targets are contrasted, and within 350yds, I'm running my EoTech, if outside of these 2 realms, I'll go with some magnification.

I'm no Jeff Cramblitt or Kurt Miller but I would bet that your two requirements will be met unless we go to 400 or so.

There will definitely be contrast - especially for the Pros. The match is set up on natural terrain - fields, rocks, woods. You'll have to deal with shadows and changing light conditions.

There will definitely be contrast - especially for the Pros. The match is set up on natural terrain - fields, rocks, woods. You'll have to deal with shadows and changing light conditions.

target definition will be good for both divisions, disiances not planned over 300

jc

Thank you, for the information! :cheers:

Will carts be available? I'm shooting Pro along with one other guy. But we're also traveling with an amateur and haven't figured out how hes getting around.

I feel sure you can get a cart if you desire but one of the areas we have used to shoot in the past is about 4 miles as the road goes from the lodge. That is a long golf cart ride (but fun on a polaris) and given that, I would think you might want to hook him up with another set of shooters who have a vehicle.

A related question for those that have shot the other 3 gun matches at Rock Castle:

Any advantage in bringing my Rhino UTV? Or is it easy enough to move around to the various stages in a pickup truck?

I'm hauling my Ranger Crew up there for sure. The wives will need the truck to go find ways to spend our money.

This is going to be a GREAT match! I'm bringing a squad of ten guys from my town. Most of which have never shot a 3 gun match before. :cheers::sight:

So you are shooting AM with them?

Craig

Yes I'm shooting AM...

Let me be the first to say it.......sandbagger!!!!!!!

Jesse, That hurt my feeling. Thats right......I have one feeling. :P

A related question for those that have shot the other 3 gun matches at Rock Castle:

Any advantage in bringing my Rhino UTV? Or is it easy enough to move around to the various stages in a pickup truck?

While it is easy enough to get around in a pickup truck, it is good fun to have a UTV to use. I plan on bringing mine.

Will we need golf carts to get to the stages like the PanAm match?

DaG

We are not shutting down the god course for this match so we will not be driving on the course, we are exploring having some carts available, as that may ease parking at some stages, 500 folks means a lot of cars and trucks, working some parking logistics as we speak

Spent the weekend up there checking some stuff out

Hey everyone checkout the AR15.com podcast tonight Kurt Miller and Linda Chico will be on it talking about the match just a little :sight::cheers::bow::bow::roflol::surprise:

jeff

Edited by benelli2