Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What options are there for a trigger finger bolt release?

Nealio

Trying to see if there are any other options for a trigger finger bolt release "lever". I know there is the Magpul B.A.D., but I don't like how it bolts on the stock mag catch/release. I like the Phase 5 EBR V2 better because its 1 piece (welded?), but it is still bulky where the ping pong paddle is. I'm possibly going to move to a LAR Sidecharger upper and neither of the listed levers will clear that (I don't think). Plus the Phase 5 EBR V2 is $50, which seems a tad pricey

Does anyone know of any others?

I have a Phase 5. Think I like the B.A.D. better, but it doesn't work with the upper on my match rifle.

I've never actually used it during a stage. Just from the bench and for "Unload show clear" when I remember, but that's what I got it for.

Maybe I'll just get the BAD or make my own. I don't have anything against the BAD lever, it just seems like a dedicated lever would be a better option. Just like BCM makes the gunfighter charging handle, instead of a piece that you would clamp on to your existing handle. Plus like I said if I decide to switch to a side charger upper, I don't think any of the clamp on ones will clear.

Thanks for the input.

- Nealio

Troy also makes one. I believe primarily to not interfere with their ambi mag release, which I believe the others can depending on how they fit your gun.

http://troyind.com/%20/new-products/troy-ambidextrous-bolt-release-coming-soon-3

I tried the Troy one....started having intermittent problems with the last round bolt hold open. Have heard of others having this trouble - not just with the Tory, but with the other brands too. Took it off - problem solved. I like the way these devices work (stoppage drills being the primary use I can see where they would assist), but not at the expense of of the bolt hold open.

Compass lake makes one. I bought an AR from a forum member with one. Works well, requires modification of the receiver

Wow, now that Compass Lake one looks like the REAL solution to the problem. I like it.

Anyone else using that one?

If this was to be incorporated into a standard AR chassis.... :blush:

just my opinion, but this is my problem with any of them too. What happens if you need to run a normal AR

and you are trained to use this specialty device.... Even just being at a match and your rifle dumps

and you need to borrow a lower from a buddy....

T

If this was to be incorporated into a standard AR chassis.... :blush:

just my opinion, but this is my problem with any of them too. What happens if you need to run a normal AR

and you are trained to use this specialty device.... Even just being at a match and your rifle dumps

and you need to borrow a lower from a buddy....

T

I ran the BAD on my RRA and I really like the device, but I had the same problem as DanielW. I think the RRA is too over gassed and cycles too fast for the catch to operate with the additional mass. Haven't tried it on my DPMS yet.