Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What should I put in my glock 17?

Blank Zero

Hello all,

Currently I am shooting my glock 17 for production class, I have put in the glockworx drop in trigger kit and change the front sight to a Fiber Optic from Dawson. What else can I do to my gun to improve my shooting experience?

Thank you so much in advance for your help,

Blank

I feel like a broken record here. Here is my G34 Production gun.

SANY0017.jpg

Here is what you are lacking to have the ultimate G17 for production division.

I would add the dawson adjustable rear but thats not a requirement its just easier to make adjustements for new loads and what not.

Then I would do this. www.accurate-iron.com

G34Production10.png

G34Production11.png

The internal magwell makes reloads a lot faster. Without it my mags always got hung up in that damn hole behind the magwell.

Edited by jtischauser

With a good trigger and sights you're ready for business. Some grip tape or stippling might help you hang on to the gun a little bit, but it sounds like you have everything you need.

The main thing that will make shooting more enjoyable at this point is practice.

What about your rear sight? The stock ones...get a new one.

Magwell enhancements. THe AI intenral looks nice. Some of the grip plugs can be rounded nicely to get close, but not exactly as nice as the AI job.

I like grip tape over stippling myself.

I like grip tape over stippling myself.

That's what I thought too but grip tape always got worn down. It was great for a match or two but then lost its grit. I have a really cool sandpaper like textrue Mike did on my Benelli Shotgun. It feels just like grip tape but stays sharp longer and doesn't slide around in the heat. I will try to get a picture of that pattern tonight.

Bullets? Sorry couldn't resist :-)

That's just crazy, bullets are no fun at all. You need to put CARTRIDGES in there.

I couldn't resist either... :cheers:

I would say that neither the bullets or cartridges would be of terribly much use without.........Wait for it!

A MAGAZINE! :roflol:

sights....cant remember who on here said it, but they are right, Glock perfection stops atthe top ofthe slide....your dawson FO is fine, but if its not mated with a 'correct' width rear, whats the point??? get a rear that will match the front correctly, first thing that goes on mine, some times even before they get shot are the factory sights...one has bo-mars melted into the slide and the rest have heinie fixed