Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I'm nosin' around on 3GN and what do I find.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside sources tell me there is a possibility of an AR15.com 3 Gun match. I can neither confirm nor deny knowledge of such........

Great, so are we going to have to wear body armour and grow beards like Chris Costa?

:ph34r:

I'm sorry, that was mean....

Inside sources tell me there is a possibility of an AR15.com 3 Gun match. I can neither confirm nor deny knowledge of such........

Great, so are we going to have to wear body armour and grow beards like Chris Costa?

some say mean somed say f'ing hilarious. Good thing Santa is bringing me the dynamics of 3 gun videos for Christmas.

Edited by jtischauser

I shot that Tiger Valley Team Sniper Match earlier this year and I was the only guy in jeans and the only guy without a drop leg holster. Nobody wanted to admit that it was a competition and not training for for the day martial law is declared. To each his own I guess but it cracks me up when people role play with their guns and gear.

It really is funny. My favorite memory from the Larue match last year was watching some guy in full camo, drop holster, boonie hat, and a shemagh go to weakhand load his shotgun at the preload table. He took a forward stance and a sight picture. Then he threw 3 of the 4 shells from his caddy at least 10 feet in front of him. He looked around to make sure nobody was looking and quickly stuffed the one remaining shell in the gun. I lost it.

Should be good times as long as the RO's don't tell me, "That gamer stuff will get you killed on the street..."

I shot that Tiger Valley Team Sniper Match earlier this year and I was the only guy in jeans and the only guy without a drop leg holster. Nobody wanted to admit that it was a competition and not training for for the day martial law is declared. To each his own I guess but it cracks me up when people role play with their guns and gear.

Hey--I didnt use a drop leg holster. I didnt't even have cammo on. :roflol: shane

It really is funny. My favorite memory from the Larue match last year was watching some guy in full camo, drop holster, boonie hat, and a shemagh go to weakhand load his shotgun at the preload table. He took a forward stance and a sight picture. Then he threw 3 of the 4 shells from his caddy at least 10 feet in front of him. He looked around to make sure nobody was looking and quickly stuffed the one remaining shell in the gun. I lost it.

Should be good times as long as the RO's don't tell me, "That gamer stuff will get you killed on the street..."

and Yo promised not to tell

Hey--I didnt use a drop leg holster. I didnt't even have cammo on. :roflol: shane

Shane did we meet at the match? I think we did but everybody was a new face to me out there so names got lost in my littel head quickly.

Guys, I think this will be a great opportunity to introduce the "tactical" shooters to our sport, great them with a smile, and show them all the hospitality new shooters deserve.

Sorry for starting something unrelated to the match.

Edited by Bryan 45

Guys, I think this will be a great opportunity to introduce the "tactical" shooters to our sport, great them with a smile, and show them all the hospitality new shooters deserve.

Sorry for starting something unrelated to the match.

Im with you. I think its going to be a great match.

Shane did we meet at the match? I think we did but everybody was a new face to me out there so names got lost in my littel head quickly.

Yea we shot together at the Tac Pro match. I saw you at TV but never got a chance to say hi.We were team 25 so was on different squad.

Yea we shot together at the Tac Pro match. I saw you at TV but never got a chance to say hi.We were team 25 so was on different squad.

I recognize you now. Found your picture on Facebook.

some say mean somed say f'ing hilarious. Good thing Santa is bringing me the dynamics of 3 gun videos for Christmas.

Wow!! Let me borrow them when you are done!!! Those guys are just so cool!! I should have joined the Coast Guard!! I forget, the Coast Guard is a Tier 1 unit isn't it? Two man R&S Team competition would be really fun!!

What made it so funny was he didn't know we were watching. Had I been consuming anything at all it would have been sprayed on the winshield. It was the funniest thing all year. Except maybe jerome's mugshot.

The things to emphasize to "tactical shooters" is that competition builds gun handling and marksmanship skills and forces them into shooting problems they are unlikely to practice on their own. If they cannot perform consistently under the mild stress of competition and the clock, it is unrealistic to think they'd shoot better anywhere else when more than skill and ego are on the line. Likewise, if equipment fails in competition; how could it survive anything more strenuous?

I also think competition shooters, particularly match directors, would be well served to take private sector tactical training as it can give them new ideas for stages and skills to test if nothing else. If all we do is shoot competitively all the time, we end up with a myopic view of what is going on in the firearms world.

You must get a helluva kick outta SASS then! :roflol: