Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

I'm going to ware one of my STI shirts to the match , just out of respect :bow:

Oh can you please confirn if it will be OK to park a camper trailer at the event?

I may bring my 5th wheel just so I can shoot the night match too .

I just sent an email to the owner asking, I don't see any reason why not. I know they lock up the front gate at night, but since we're going to be there till 10 each night, and back at 6am every morning, you probably wont even notice :)

I'll let you know what they say but I'd assume it's cool.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, Fred and I will be there both days plus the night match...Heavy and Tactical...time to beat, five million seconds...

Dreadnaught Industries, LLC has been working up a sponsor box of goodies...not ten guns, though :D

Alex

Just a heads up, Sunday is almost full.

If you are planning on shooting on Sunday get your application in ASAP to secure your spot!

Also we updated the website to include sponsors, and information about the side match / night match.

Edited by AR15TARGETS

Oddly enough, Fred and I will be there both days plus the night match...Heavy and Tactical...time to beat, five million seconds...

Dreadnaught Industries, LLC has been working up a sponsor box of goodies...not ten guns, though :D

Alex

Alex - Look me up on Sunday I want to talk about one of your 9 mm uppers.

we actually have a Delorean you will be shooting a stage in roflol.gif

At the CCPC 3 gun match, I enjoyed our conversation today about the up coming,,Texas 2 Gun match.

Very interesting comments about flying clays!

Also congratulations on the match Win!!

Very interesting comments about flying clays!

Everything is interesting when flying clays are discussed

Also congratulations on the match Win!!

Thank you sir!

Just an update, Sunday is pretty much full guys, still a couple slots left open for Saturday

3 Weeks Away!

Edited by GorillaTactical

Just want to verify that USPSA Limited Guns aka STI Edge and limited rigs with for example a Ghost Holster and assorted mag holders positioned at the shooters discretion are legal for this match in Tactical Division? I'd like to find out before I load up a bunch of ammo!

Edited by CocoBolo

Just want to verify that USPSA Limited Guns aka STI Edge and limited rigs with for example a Ghost Holster and assorted mag holders positioned at the shooters discretion are legal for this match in Tactical Division? I'd like to find out before I load up a bunch of ammo!

Yes, the only restrictions on handguns are listed in the standard rules, USPSA Limited Guns are perfectly fine, and the only limitations on holsters are that they must securely and safely hold the weapon (EX: Trigger must be covered)

Since Sunday is closed, I can only now shoot one division, correct?

So if

I come and shoot in Limited division on Saturday, Id be shooting against someone who is shooting tactical on saturday, and Limited on Sunday?

doesnt seem fair.

Im a little on the fence right now.

Since Sunday is closed, I can only now shoot one division, correct?

So if

I come and shoot in Limited division on Saturday, Id be shooting against someone who is shooting tactical on saturday, and Limited on Sunday?

doesnt seem fair.

Im a little on the fence right now.

I'm confused with what you're asking......you only shoot against people in your division...the scores from Saturday and from Sunday end up being all put into one pot....so you're not shooting against just guys on Saturday if you shoot saturday.

BUT YES, you will now only be able to shoot one division or the other.

Edited by GorillaTactical

What Im saying is that I will be competing against guys that have already run those stages, albeit in another division. Its kind of like having a practice run. They know the ranges better, they have seen the course of fire.

It's all good to me, they do the same thing at the Pro-Am. I sign up for both divisions, it really doesn't bother me, and it's cheaper to shoot the second one! Another benefit is if you have some kind of catastrophic failure, like a squib, or case head separation that gets stuck, then you've got another go at it the next day. I do understand your point, but there are pros/cons to everything, just gotta decide if you want to make it an advantage or not.

slight thread drift....oh...okay, major thread drift...WRT to Alex (Wakal's) comments and division shopping...

I'm just throwing this out there...doesn't necessarily apply to this match...

how about a distribution in a 3 to 1 ratio?

if you place 3rd in He-Man/Heavy Metal, then there must be at least 9 total HM division shooters for you to walk up to the prize table.

if you were just 3rd out of 8 total HM division shooters...well...you're SOL.

if you're 9th place in tac optics, then there better be 27 or more shooters in TO for a walk up to the prize table.

I do like the idea of a random draw table too. the "rented mules" don't end up feeling like they are financing the prize table for the "big dAwgs".

like some other folks have said you can't please everybody.

and I'd have to agree with the MD, if you have everything out in the open published on the website, then what could be more fair than that?

if you don't like the published rules, then don't sign up for the match.

slight thread drift....oh...okay, major thread drift...WRT to Alex (Wakal's) comments and division shopping...

I'm just throwing this out there...doesn't necessarily apply to this match...

how about a distribution in a 3 to 1 ratio?

if you place 3rd in He-Man/Heavy Metal, then there must be at least 9 total HM division shooters for you to walk up to the prize table.

if you were just 3rd out of 8 total HM division shooters...well...you're SOL.

if you're 9th place in tac optics, then there better be 27 or more shooters in TO for a walk up to the prize table.

I do like the idea of a random draw table too. the "rented mules" don't end up feeling like they are financing the prize table for the "big dAwgs".

like some other folks have said you can't please everybody.

and I'd have to agree with the MD, if you have everything out in the open published on the website, then what could be more fair than that?

if you don't like the published rules, then don't sign up for the match.

+ one on that,,,

and to add one,, if you don't like the ruels, start your own match.

I like all of the above posts personally :)

If we were to use Chills formula of 1/3,(however we are not using this formula because it'd be unfair to change anything at this point) at least the top 10 people in each division right now will be eligible for the prize table, considering that we only have about 11 firearms to give away, (notice the phrase ONLY 11, for a match with an entry fee of only $95-$135 I think that's pretty remarkable if I do say so myself!) I think we've got enough people in each division to allow it's top competitors to be fairly well rewarded.

Mike you are absolutely correct that you will be competing against people that have shot the match the day before. While these people will have shot it already, I promise no matter what advantage the competition has over the prize table, you'll have just as much fun behind the gun!

Ya know all this prize table talk , My club will donate our normal year end Pies table contribution.

Alamo Sport Shooting Club will put two PIES on the Prize Table

Pecan and Apple

Jeremy can put them on any table he wants

If you win a pie better be ready to share

Ya know all this prize table talk , My club will donate our normal year end Pies table contribution.

Pecan and Apple

That Pecan Pie is MINE!!!!!!!!!! :sight:

I am ready to unleash myself on the TWO gun seen for PIE!!!!:goof:

Pecan and Apple

That Pecan Pie is MINE!!!!!!!!!! :sight:

I am ready to unleash myself on the TWO gun seen for PIE!!!!:goof:

One of those "tables" is going to be my kitchen table!

OK Jim, get back to earning my tax dollars!! Your not the only one bored tonight. Eventually I have to go to bed so I can work tomorrow.

Jeremy, looks like I may have to use my time to stand "guard" over some pies at the match. Mmmmmmmm, pie.

What Im saying is that I will be competing against guys that have already run those stages, albeit in another division. Its kind of like having a practice run. They know the ranges better, they have seen the course of fire.

Kyle's response puts it in print pretty well......everyone has/had the opportunity to sign up for both divisions....if you choose not to, then you shoot the COF once. Remember, the guys who will shoot 2 divisions have also contributed more $ to the match and in turn the prizes and match quality.