Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

Attention BRM3G competitors:

As most of you know, we are planning another Wounded Warrior Auction at the match. Last year, over $20,000 was raised by the rifle raffle and auction, and we hope to further support our wounded veterans by exceeding that amount in 2011.

The wonderful folks at Primm Springs Wildlife and Georgia Wild Hog Hunts have donated hunts again this year! Here is some more info about these hunts:

"The duck bunt is by Primm Springs Wildlife and is a two day Arkansas experience for a hunter and a wounded warrior. It includes all food, and lodging and guides and duck cleaning. The web site is http://www.primmspringswildlife.com/primmwaterfowl.html. Fair Market value per hunter is $700. The winner will have the option of purchasing additional time or adding shooting buddies to the trip. I (Charles Bond) have ten years of experience hunting with them and Joe Satterfield purchased the hunt in 2010 so either of us can answer any questions anyone has.

The hog hunt is a one day trophy hunt near Macon, GA for two hunters. Food and lodging is not included. The web site is http://www.hogguide.net. The fair market value here is $900. The winner will have the option of purchasing additional time or adding shooting buddies to the trip. I have known the guide for about 15 years and know his operation. This is a hunt where it is not about whether you will kill a hog but rather about which one. Since hogs are in season in Georgia year round, you can schedule your hunt anytime." Thanks to Charles for setting up these hunting opportunities!

I hope to keep you posted on other items that will be featured at the auction.

Now, with respect to the match itself: Due to some items that have to come together before I can move folks off the wait list, it will probably be after March 23rd before I can make any adjustments. Sorry, but that's the best I can do right now. Stage designs and final round counts will be available around the first of April.

We are receiving great support from our sponsors!! Remember them when making or recommending purchases. See the current list on our BRM3G Sponsor Page!!

Thanks,

Andy

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on last year's match, the farthest rifle target was about 480- I think. This was the only target over about 330. There were around 20 targets from 150 to 300. Most shooting positions were something other than prone, due to natural terrain.

Farthest slug shot was about 100 on a big steel plate. Farthest pistol targets were big steel plates around 100.

Edited by Bryan 45

Based on last year's match, the farthest rifle target was about 480- I think. This was the only target over about 330. There were around 20 targets from 150 to 300. Most shooting positions were something other than prone, due to natural terrain.

Farthest slug shot was about 100 on a big steel plate. Farthest pistol targets were big steel plates around 100.

But that 480 was with a match provided Barret. I think the long shot was about 425 with your own rifle. There were some in the 300 to 330 range and several more between 100 and 300 like Bryan said. If all you can shoot past 100 yards is prone, start practicing!

You guys are probably right. I failed to keep my match notes since it was rain shortened, going by memory. I don't think I ranged the Barret target, so that all certainly makes sense. I can still remember the stages visually, but I'm not certain on the ranges on those 2 far ones on stage 3. I missed the one at the tree line so I must have mentally blocked it out.

IIRC it was 487 with the Barrett, then depending where you ended up at "the fence" farthest was 417. I do remember exactly how steep the hill was to run up and down. :D

Did you keep your notes? That is close to what I initially thought, but now I am not so sure.

How many shots over 200? I'm trying to decide between a 1.5 x 5 Leupold on a 20 " rifle or or a 1 - 4 Accupoint on an 18" . I'd much rather shoot the 18" with Accupoint, but not if tons of long range.

How many shots over 200? I'm trying to decide between a 1.5 x 5 Leupold on a 20 " rifle or or a 1 - 4 Accupoint on an 18" . I'd much rather shoot the 18" with Accupoint, but not if tons of long range.

Last year I used a 1.5-6 Burris XTR. This year, going with with the 1-4 Tac30 on a 16" or 18". I only turned my scope up to 6 for 1 target, that 420 something at the edge of the woods. But, you know those whacky MDs, anything can happen.

Edited by MarkCO

I used a 1-4 optic and had my @ss handed to my by guys with Irons. But I too am over 50 so I like the 4x optic

You gotta shoot what you like the most, show up early bring both guns and make up your minde before the first stage.

I used a 1-4 optic and had my @ss handed to my by guys with Irons. But I too am over 50 so I like the 4x optic

You gotta shoot what you like the most, show up early bring both guns and make up your minde before the first stage.

This gives me an idea...how much market would there be for a 6x magnifer that you wore on your shooting glasses? :surprise: It would not be illegal in irons or 1x ootic since it would not be attached to the rifle.....

Barrett Firearms has just confirmed that they are sponsoring the WWP dinner on Saturday night!!!

G3Shieldings, a company in Franklin, KY is going to be helping us out with an incredibly effective ballistic compound that will be in use in the cave, and on a stage where you will be able to actually examine the material and how it works. There will probably also be a block of the material as a target on the sight in range.

I will be in KY in two weeks to see what changes have taken place at Rockcastle and to finalize stages. Sometime after that, stages and round counts will be posted on the match website.

Only 7 1/2 weeks to go!

Andy

I have a few ammo questions since this is my first major 3-Gun.

1) Is there any chrono work done on one's pistol and rifle ammo at the match?

2) Are you allowed to use different weight bullets during the match or a stage? Same question for shotgun ammo, are you allowed to switch between different birdshot loads for your shotgun?

B)

I have a few ammo questions since this is my first major 3-Gun.

1) Is there any chrono work done on one's pistol and rifle ammo at the match?

2) Are you allowed to use different weight bullets during the match or a stage? Same question for shotgun ammo, are you allowed to switch between different birdshot loads for your shotgun?

B)

As far as I know,

1. I think only for HM

2. Yes, as long as it is ammunition safe to shoot in the match (ex: no steel shot)

Edited by DyNo!

We haven't had a chrono at the last two BRM3G. Too much shooting going on to mess with such things. :cheers:

I have never seen any 3gun match use a chrono except USPSA since they are the only ones that score major/minor differently. But if there is another match that does, someone chime in....