Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need matches in or near PA!

This semester is almost over and during my short break before the next semester I want to SHOOT.

I need a list of matches, USPSA or otherwise, being held between 12/14/10 and 01/23/11 in PA, NJ, MD, OH, VA, anywhere reasonably close.

Edited by Pro2AInPA

Eastern PA

USPSA:

Old Bridge, CJ, York, Topton, Factoryville

LPRGC will start in March

IDPA:

LPRGC, New Holland, Guthsville?,Factoryville

Suggest you check both USPSA and IDPA web sites for additional info.

Edited by mikegot38

12-17 old bridge rifle and pistol has their annual special classifier match unless someone changed the ususal math of second indoor match n December.  Unfortunately, the CJ match is 12-12, and being December, the old bridge outdoor for December is canceled per the usual schedule due to Christmas.  1-7 and 1-12 are OBRPC inddor matches, 1-9 is CJ outdoors weather permitting, and 1-23 is OB outdoors weather permitting. 

12-17 old bridge rifle and pistol has their annual special classifier match unless someone changed the ususal math of second indoor match n December.  Unfortunately, the CJ match is 12-12, and being December, the old bridge outdoor for December is canceled per the usual schedule due to Christmas.  1-7 and 1-12 are OBRPC inddor matches, 1-9 is CJ outdoors weather permitting, and 1-23 is OB outdoors weather permitting. 

Let me know if/when that special classifier match is finalized. I'd like to get classified in open.

Let me know if/when that special classifier match is finalized.  I'd like to get classified in open.

Well I've been shooting at OB for close to 8 years now. The special classifier has always been the 2nd indoor match in december. HAven't missed one yet. You have to pre-register as we limite attendance due to time and space limitations. OBCATS.COM will have a form linked as soon as it's available. I'll nag the people in charge about when it goes up this weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to Old Bridge yet either, and would like to next Friday to get my last classifier for my initial Production classification.

Is anyone going who is leaving from the Philly area? (I live in Ridley Township, 2 exits from the airport)

Any chance I could meet you somewhere and carpool?

Edited by waktasz

Just saw the match is on a Friday . . . that's a bummer.  I work Fridays.  What time does it start?

Technically sign in begins at 6:30pm.  for that match, first shot will usually be between 7-7:30pm

And it's not likely to be over until very close to midnight. Plan for a long evening. Typically we hit a diner afterwards....

Just saw the match is on a Friday . . . that's a bummer.  I work Fridays.  What time does it start?

Technically sign in begins at 6:30pm.  for that match, first shot will usually be between 7-7:30pm

And it's not likely to be over until very close to midnight. Plan for a long evening. Typically we hit a diner afterwards....

Plus a 2.5 hour drive home for me. I might not need to get classified in open quite that badly.

And it's not likely to be over until very close to midnight.  Plan for a long evening.  Typically we hit a diner afterwards....

Plus a 2.5 hour drive home for me.  I might not need to get classified in open quite that badly.

Well at CJ usually once a year in the crappy month we hold a 5-6 stage special classifier. I have to talk it over with the other MD for the match before we have a date. 

I haven't been to Old Bridge yet either, and would like to next Friday to get my last classifier for my initial Production classification.

Is anyone going who is leaving from the Philly area? (I live in Ridley Township, 2 exits from the airport)

Bump. Anyone who knows where they are going want to carpool up on Friday? I live near the airport and can meet you anywhere in the Philly area.

I need one more classifier to get my initial, shoot be a solid B :)

Edited by waktasz

Bump. Anyone who knows where they are going want to carpool up on Friday? I live near the airport and can meet you anywhere in the Philly area.

I need one more classifier to get my initial, shoot be a solid B :)

If you are planning on attending the Old Bridge Special Classifier Match this Friday, please go to www.OBCATS.com to register. We have to limit the number of attendees for practical reasons. If this were outdoors, we are essentially unlimited (we've had near 100 for a regular match). Also if you are coming, dress as if you were shooting outdoors! Our range heat is scheduled to be replaced next week, it has been down for a month. the air handlers work, just no heat! Thank you