Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

60 second penalty. Who would start a crazy roumor like 45 seconds? That's just silly.

Adios

TG

Per the FAQ

Do we have to rotate the double swinger?

Yes, the Double Swinger must rotate to score. It doesn't matter what you are shooting 9mm, .45, 12 gauge, it MUST rotate to score. If you do not rotate the swinger, the penalty is 45 seconds. So practice!

I would guess that might have started the rumor.

I also have a question on the rules; do bonus targets have to be engaged or is there a penalty for FTE on bonus targets?

Again...another silly rumor...I don't know where you got that at! :roflol: yea..no...it's 60 seconds.

Bonus targets are just that. Bonus'. They do not have to be engaged at all, and there will be no penalty for not engaging them. Hope this helps, and knock it off with the silly rumors!! LOL!!

Adios,

TG

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again...another silly rumor...I don't know where you got that at! :roflol: yea..no...it's 60 seconds.

and knock it off with the silly rumors!! LOL!!

Adios,

TG

I got that from here: ARRRRRRRRRR it will not let me post a link!

http : // www dot mgmironman dot com/ index.php/faq

Travis

So what your trying to say is that if we do hit all of our Bonus Long Range Rifle targets you still will not be buying us dinner that night??

is that whats going on?

because on AR-15. com it said some one saw once that you said thats what was going to happen!

Just a rumor?

If anyone is short on slugs, I will have a couple hundred extra. I ordered cases from multiple stores at the last minute thinking they would not all make it in time. Well, they did, so I have an extra case. They are the Winchester WinLite 1200fps slugs. I am happy to keep and use them in the future, but if you are in a pickle like I thought I might have been in, look me up and you can have them at cost. Not looking to sell or trade them unless you are short and need them to shoot the match.

If anyone is flying in for the match and staying in Ontario, I will be at the Rodeway for the first match and Clarion for the second. Would be happy to drive someone to the range and back if it saves you a rental car. Open offer, just let me know. I am RO'ing the first match and shooting the second.

DO I need to start a new thread for this?

OK, sounds like we could have some benosverse BBQ fun. How bout we have 2 nights, 1 for each match? I would propose Monday and Friday night. I can collect small donations while I am at Stage 3 to help buy the food and drinks? Could take donations at the BBQ itself?

We have a great grill and kitchen at the range. I am thinking real man food here. Steak, potatoes, beans, and drinks.

Maybe we could have a random drawing or something fun. Definitely need name tags with our be handles on them.

Other ideas?

Aaron

How bout we have 2 nights, 1 for each match? I would propose Monday and Friday night. I can collect small donations while I am at Stage 3 to help buy the food and drinks? Could take donations at the BBQ itself?

I'd suggest Tuesday and Saturday nights instead. Speaking for myself I'll be in more of a mindset for BBQ/ meet & greet after the match is over.

How bout we have 2 nights, 1 for each match? I would propose Monday and Friday night. I can collect small donations while I am at Stage 3 to help buy the food and drinks? Could take donations at the BBQ itself?

I'd suggest Tuesday and Saturday nights instead. Speaking for myself I'll be in more of a mindset for BBQ/ meet & greet after the match is over.

I understand, but my thinking was a lot of people would be leaving after the match and results.

So a good freind is shooting his first Ironman this year.

He's asked for a "List" so he won't forget anything.

I did the search function dance and I've combined a comprehensive "List" of stuff one should bring. . .now please remember I drive out there and my truck is overloaded with obscure and usefull things for 3 guning a big match. So if your flying you may wish to cross off a few of the heavier items.

so here is a "List" of things that might be needed for a big 3 gun match. use at your own risk

 Pistol

 (Back up Pistol)

 Primary Rifle: 0 to 600 yards

 (Back Up Rifle)

 Shotgun

 (Back Up Shotgun)

 Long Range Rifle: 600 to 1000 Yards.

 3 Gun Belt

 (Back Up 3 Gun Belt)

 Holster

 4 pistol Magazine pouches

 2 Rifle Magazine Pouches

 6-10 Four Round Shotgun Shell holders

 3-6 Six Round Shotgun Shell holders

 2 shotgun shell arm bands

 6-10 Pistol magazines

 Spare parts for Pistol magazines

 Cleaning kit for Pistol magazines

 4-8 Primary Rifle magazines

 Spare Parts for rifle magazines

 Cleaning kit for rifle magazines

 Cleaning kits for all firearms . . . (including all necessary rods)

 Bore snakes for Rifle, Pistol & Shotguns

 3-4 cans of Power blast Gun Scrubber

 Gun Lube: one in each of the following places, your pocket, your range bag, your car dashboard, your hotel room. (don’t ask . . you’ll know when it happens)

 Gloves: for Gun Cleaning, Shooting, resetting steel, keeping your hands warm.

 Boots: for shooting,

 And a second pair for the second day after the first set gave you blisters,

 Comfortable slippers to hobble in to the restaurant for dinner on the first and second nights after you cut off your boots at the range.

 Comfortable clothes to shoot in for three days. There is zero time to wash anything . . .

 Industrial strength soiled clothes bag to travel home with, although burning at the range is the primary option.

 Extra socks & skivvies . . . (again you’ll know when it happens)

 Any necessary prescription corrective undergarments

 Hats: Baseball, Boonie, Rain & Cold Weather.

 Sunglasses

 Back up sunglasses

 Clear shooting glasses

 Back up clear glasses

 Glasses cleaning kit

 Band-Aids

 Burn kit

 Blister kit

 Crazy glue

 Really good tape

 Zip ties

 A good knife

 Back up knife

 Bandana

 Rifle sling

 Shotgun sling

 100 feet of 550 Para cord

 Lighter

 Replacement fiber optics for your pistol, Rifle & Shotgun

 Replacement parts kit for rifle pistol & Shotgun . . . should be able to rebuild from scratch the fire control group, Bolt & carrier and important springs and sights.

 Back up optics for your Primary Rifle & Long Range rifle.

 Replacement screws that hold important parts together for your Rifle , Pistol & Shotgun

 $120.00 in five dollar bills to buy the parts you forgot or don’t have from someone who has one.

 Ammo. . . lots of ammo

 $150.00 in five dollar bills to buy ammo you forgot to bring enough of.(yeah there is a Wal-Mart . . . but you aren’t the first of 300 shooters to think of that one Skippy)

 Ammo cans CLEARLY marked as to their contents by caliber

 Hard cases for your guns for the drive out & back.

 Range bag for your pistol

 Range bag for your rifle

 Range bag for your Shotgun

 Range bag for gear

 Elbow pads

 Knee pads

 Rain gear for: you, your pistol, your shotgun, your rifle, your range bag. (35 gal trash bags are a good idea . . 55 gal are better.

 Towels For: crying in to, wiping of sweat, tears, mud & blood from your guns, and sweat, tears, mud & blood from you.

 100oz. Camelback or Hyrastorm, two is good three is better.

 1 ½ Gallons of Gatorade a day.

 Aspirin

 Sunscreen

 Bug spray

 Tylenol

 3 days of Snack foods

 3 days of Lunches

 Jacket

 Rain pants

 Shooting shorts

 Camera

 3 sets of batteries for anything that takes batteries

 Ibuprofen

 1/5 of Group Tightener

 Mixer

 1 quart frosty beverage cup

 Two of the most annoyingly loud alarm clocks (waking up the second & third morning at 5am is not as easy as you would think.)

 4-5 tubes of Carmex/ blistex or chapstick

 An up to date DNR and Advance Directives (do you wish extraordinary measures taken or should we bury you on the range and divvy up your gear?)

 Extra sized gear bag as you will not pack as well for the trip home as you did on the trip out.

 Range finder

 Paper

 Pens

 Markers

 Back pack.

 Tools for fixing your broken gear & guns

 Magazine loaders and unloaders

 A camp chair. . .or at least a little stool

 Range cards for your primary rifle, your long range rifle, your shotgun slugs and your pistol

 Ear protection

 (back up ear protection)

 Good luck charm

 (Back up good luck charm)

 Ice chest

 Bring extra ammo

 Extra prescription drugs

 Print outs of all of the stages

 A good map from the Match hotel to the range, it will be dark when drive out and drive back

 A picture of yourself just before you leave home for your first IronMan

 A wallet sized picture of “Frito Bandito” to look at after the second day to remind yourself you could feel worse.

 A “Team” name for your squad, “Team old farts”, or “Team rotund”, “Team just happy to be here coach”, “Team it was a good idea last week”, “Team “what was I thinking?

 Instant Ice packs ( the Match hotel is 35 minutes away from the range)

 Hand warmers

 Tums/ Rolaids

 Imodium AD

 Really good luggage tags on your gun cases (also useful in case your Advance Directive says we have to ship you home)

 Tiger balm / icy hot

 Ace bandages

 12 pack of Energy drinks (Just for the drive back to the match hotel)

1 can of Tactical Bacon to be used to bribe Roscoe into not chewing off a valuable appendage.

For those who don't know Roscoe, he is the only dog in the world badass enough to walk up to Chuck Norris and mark his territory on Chuck's boots :surprise:

Edited by smokshwn

Sometime this week I'll introduce you to him when we aren't near the pickup... Or Tracy.. or Wyatt. I'm sure you'll be fine...on second thought bring the bacon >:)

adios

TG