Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 MGM Ironman

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to the Gibson Family for the incredible job you all did pulling off this huge project.

Thank you to all of the R.O’s, Range staff and Stats crew, what a week and half it was,

and to all of the sponsors of this match, especially the sponsors who showed up and shot the match and proved their gear looked as good in the dirt as it does on the prize table.

And finally to Travis & Eric,

I cannot tell you how nice it was not shooting by the illumination of headlights and getting us all of us out and on the drive back before night fall all three days, an accomplishment you can truly be proud of.

Just when I thought ultimate test of 3Gun competition was to just shoot one IronMan now next year I’ll have to shoot two, back to back.

Damn . . . I don’t know how you boys and girls did it.

2012 MGM IronMan 3 Gun major match sponsor . . . Tylenol

Thanks for putting on a great two matches. The bucket of Parma powder will be invaluable in preparing for next year's match! I can't think of any other reason why perfectly operating firearms suddenly decide to fail mid stage at the MGM Ironman.

:blink:

And finally to Travis & Eric,

I cannot tell you how nice it was not shooting by the illumination of headlights and getting us all of us out and on the drive back before night fall all three days, an accomplishment you can truly be proud of.

This x 1,000! Please duplicate this year's format for next year & beyond! And thank you again to the entire Gibson clan, ROs, and sponsors.

Looking at the TS scores.

Cooley DECIMATED everyone on stage 2. I'm guessing it was because of the LR targets? Does anybody know what he used? Bolt or semi? Caliber?

He basically went one for one on all targets, both from the platform and the long range and got most, if not all, of the flag bonuses as well.

Can't remember exactly what rifle he used though...

I was the R.O. on stage 2 and Mr Cooley put on a rifle shooting clinic. He got nearly every possible bonus and took 3 extra shots with both of his rifles. He went 15 for 16 on the long range bonus targets. It was a pleasure watching a master at work.

I was the R.O. on stage 2 and Mr Cooley put on a rifle shooting clinic. He got nearly every possible bonus and took 3 extra shots with both of his rifles. He went 15 for 16 on the long range bonus targets. It was a pleasure watching a master at work.

Same goes for stage 4. Some may not know but Bennie is a huge advocate of being as proficient with your support side as your strong side. The rifle was only 11 very short range mini ipsc targets but instead of traversing the whole shooting area he performed the smoothest strong hand/support hand transition I have ever seen. Keep in mind this was on demand and at speed, not on take 35 of an instructional DVD. Very impressive.

• 4 weeks later...