Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production equipment for USPSA, a question

Brankica

I should be starting training for USPSA in a few days and I see some things are different than in Europe.

As far as I got it, I can only have 10 rounds in a mag in Production?

Since I wanna get all new equipment I need to ask if someone can point me to a right direction to what I can and cannot use.

I will be using Glock 17 (and XDM) and I don't completely understand what equipment is allowed since English is not my language and sometimes I have trouble understanding.

Can I use Amadini Ghost holster for Glock, like Super Ghost Ultimate? Also, are magnetic pouches OK?

No Ghost for production must be a carry style holster such as the Bladetech DOH. I am pretty sure magnetic mag holders would be okay but must be behind hipbone. Other than that just load your mags to 10 and you will be good with either the G17 or the XDM! Have fun

Brankica, where are you located now? If in the US, it would be easier and more effective to have you meet with some local production shooters as opposed to getting a great deal of information dumped on you via the forum. It can be confusing.

Seeing/talking/handling is better and you would understand it a lot faster.

I will be in GA in a few days. I was checking on this so I don't carry my equipment from Europe. Obviously, it is not good for USPSA.

Here I shot my last competition with a Glock 17, CR speed belt, CR speed mag pouches and Amadini Ghost holster (Super Ghost Ultimate) - in Production. Also, 15 rounds allowed.

What division would that be in USPSA? I don't think I could compete in some other division with this gun.

I will be in GA in a few days. I was checking on this so I don't carry my equipment from Europe. Obviously, it is not good for USPSA.

Here I shot my last competition with a Glock 17, CR speed belt, CR speed mag pouches and Amadini Ghost holster (Super Ghost Ultimate) - in Production. Also, 15 rounds allowed.

What division would that be in USPSA? I don't think I could compete in some other division with this gun.

Only Limited and Open allow 15 (or more) rounds in USPSA.

I'm pretty sure your CR Speed belt and mag pouches will be fine in USPSA Production Division though. Blade Tech DOH seems to be the most popular holster for Production. There are other brands with a similar design which are also used. No "race holsters" in Production.

You could use your set up, including the Ghost, in Limited 10 with only 10 rounds per mag, or in Limited loading the mags full.

Edited by mgood

Ok, if I keep the equipment as is, what about the gun. Glock is not good enough for it. Is it? What gun is Randy R. and other ladies using and are they customized a lot? Not trying to get off topic, just set up properly and not be in a big disadvantage because of the gun or equipment.

Only Limited and Open allow 15 (or more) rounds in USPSA.

I'm pretty sure your CR Speed belt and mag pouches will be fine in USPSA Production Division though. Blade Tech DOH seems to be the most popular holster for Production. There are other brands with a similar design which are also used. No "race holsters" in Production.

You could use your set up, including the Ghost, in Limited 10 with only 10 rounds per mag, or in Limited loading the mags full.

+1 just buy a bladetech DOH for Glock 17 and you are all set. Use your CR speed belt, CR speed mag pouches (just set it up on your side, should not go beyond hip bone, same thing with the holster). I dont know what your skill level is but 5 mags at least. that is 10-round MAX per mag. it is legal to have 15 or more rounder mag just DONT fill more than 10.

goodluck and have fun!

Ok, if I keep the equipment as is, what about the gun. Glock is not good enough for it. Is it? What gun is Randy R. and other ladies using and are they customized a lot? Not trying to get off topic, just set up properly and not be in a big disadvantage because of the gun or equipment.

that is a totally different topic. Shoot what you have, if you have gun and mags then run it in production. right now with your current set-up all you need to buy is a holster.

if you do IPSC and USPSA, i'd go CZ SP01. again, that is subjective.

Shoot what you have then decide. shooting glock doesn't give you a disadvantage. i just dont like plastic :P again, that is subjective.

I should be starting training for USPSA in a few days and I see some things are different than in Europe.

As far as I got it, I can only have 10 rounds in a mag in Production?

Since I wanna get all new equipment I need to ask if someone can point me to a right direction to what I can and cannot use.

I will be using Glock 17 (and XDM) and I don't completely understand what equipment is allowed since English is not my language and sometimes I have trouble understanding.

Can I use Amadini Ghost holster for Glock, like Super Ghost Ultimate? Also, are magnetic pouches OK?

Are you visiting or staying?

Visiting for a few months. Is there a difference? OMG, just knew something else is gonna kick in :)

Don't worry :)

No difference, I bet if you asked around, someone would be willing to let you borrow the equipment you need...I know if you were around my area, the loan would be no problem.

ha ha this is last off topic post by me, but no way I would go with Shadow. Saw too many people getting zeros on stages cause of parts breaking all over the place :)

But I think I am getting the idea about what to do!

really? any gun if you start tinkering and replacing parts it tends to break sooner or later. unless you get lucky :devil: try shooting one before you take it out from the list.

ha ha this is last off topic post by me, but no way I would go with Shadow. Saw too many people getting zeros on stages cause of parts breaking all over the place :)

But I think I am getting the idea about what to do!

really? any gun if you start tinkering and replacing parts it tends to break sooner or later. unless you get lucky :devil: try shooting one before you take it out from the list.

I shot it but could not get used to it. I never tempered with any of my guns, I am a production freak :)))))

Where in Ga will you be visiting? if its Atlanta maybe you can shoot at our club.

Will be way more south. Hazlehurst. Still have to find a club.

Will stay a few months probably so still organizing everything. I wanna prepare for a big match in Europe in the summer and I think it will be easier/better for me to train in USA.

different colored base pads work also for your 11 rounder

My start mag goes in my front pocket. I never make ready from the mag pouches.

When I finish a stage and go reload my mags, I put eleven in one of them and stick in in my front pocket.

Part of my routine is that when they're scoring and taping the targets from the shooter right before me, I stand at the start position, fish that mag out of my pocket and confirm, via the witness holes, that there are eleven rounds in it. Then I stand there with that mag in my hand, mentally running through the stage until the RO tells me to make ready.