Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet feeder

Notar

I'm setting up a new 223 machine, just took delivery of a 1050 from Brian here, Very painless, and Fedex was very fast.

I'm thinking of trying a Mr Bulletfeeder, I don't wee anywhere her on this site for them. Where should I order one, I can't find a shop with one in stock, and tomorrow I'll try to call the origin if I can find a #. I'm thinking it's PW Powerdrive time too(getting rid of lots of repetitive motion).

Thanks Guys.

I'm on the list, I'll do lots of brass prep before it comes(trimmed and sized 5 k today, 2 k to much for my shoulder,lol), and load all the 223 little bullets with the Bulletfeeder when it come in!

I exchanged emails with Sean and Rick, and spoke with Rick on the phone. Both great guys, and the y both got good cred on the web.

Thanks all, I'll post up some pic's when it's set up. No auto drive for me until the feeder is in operation, no need to lop off a finger tip.

I'm setting up a new 223 machine, just took delivery of a 1050 from Brian here, Very painless, and Fedex was very fast.

I'm thinking of trying a Mr Bulletfeeder, I don't wee anywhere her on this site for them. Where should I order one, I can't find a shop with one in stock, and tomorrow I'll try to call the origin if I can find a #. I'm thinking it's PW Powerdrive time too(getting rid of lots of repetitive motion).

Thanks Guys.

i honestly think a mr bulletfeeder looks like a made up pos of parts he picked out of plumbing store.. i would go with the gsi imho... thats what im going to be picking up next for my 650

Thanks Guys.

i honestly think a mr bulletfeeder looks like a made up pos of parts he picked out of plumbing store.. i would go with the gsi imho... thats what im going to be picking up next for my 650

my experience with the product is that it works pretty near flawlessly in .45, .38/9mm, and in .223 (about 50k rounds through it so far), and the service has been absolutely outstanding when I've had a few questions or (very early on) when I had an issue with a particular brand/profile of LSWC bullet in .45 ACP. with dozens of users of the Mr. Bulletfeeder on this forum, I've never heard anyone with a complaint about the product. Given that track record, you may be doing yourself a disservice purchasing an alternative product simply because you don't like the look of the Mr. Bulletfeeder and it's use of off the shelf fixtures. That said, if you do purchase the GSI, please let us know how it works for you - there have been relatively few posts from GSI users on this forum so I'd be keen to hear another opinion about that product.

Thanks Guys.

The Mr. Bulletfeeder is the best machine out there on the market today! It may not be the prettiest machine out there, but I could care less how it looks, I care about it working, and its like the energizer bunny. I have had people buy the GSI, because its cheaper and have not been able to get it to work consistantly and they wind breaking it against a wall and buying a MR. Bulletfeeder instead. I guess if Rick spent the extra money on decorating the machine to make it look pretty, I am sure all of us would see that in the price tag! leave well enough alone.

Hello: I bought a Mr Bullerfeeder through Sean at Power Factor Shooting and it has worked perfectly with my 9mm loads. I have loaded over 5000 rounds so far and it has not had one problem except running out of bullets :roflol: I am using mine on my RL 1050 and it was an easy setup that took me 30 minutes to do. It would have been faster but I took the Bulletfeeder apart to see how it works :devil: I would suggest you get your order in soon for Christmas since Rick is a one man show and it takes him a while to get these built. Thanks, Eric

I own two of these units, each one purchased through Sean. I LOVE THEM! I have loaded a few thousand rounds with ZERO problems. Easy setup, easy to use, and it works. What else could you want?

Besides, mounting one up to a 1050 looks good! :cheers:

I just installed Mr. B. on my 650. After a bit of tuning, the system works fantastically well. The reloading speed doubles at least for me, since I have to run the handle with my left hand then move up to set the bullet due my bad right shoulder. I got mine from Rick and paid a little extra for a second mount so I could move it between my two 650s. I love the idea that he used plumbing parts--means he didn't have to design and pay for a custom component, costs which would have been passed on to us users. Darn, now I have to save up for one of those primer fillers or buy another 20 or 30 primer tubes...

Someone mentioned GSI, I contacted them about a 223 unit, and it's not offered at this time. GSI's unit looks very trim on the machine, but maybe it's not working 100%

I'm on the list, I'm going to buy 2 Mr. Bulletfeeder units, even with new units coming out from RCBS and Hornady. Lots of good press on Rick's units, and they are loading good volume. Rick told me one of his customers was loading in excess of 2000 RPH and the feeder could keep up(NICE). Rick is easy to deal with too, and always returns my emails!

I might be 1 week away from my first unit, I can't wait :) 2nd unit will come in mid Dec..

sal3coach,

I feel your pain, I have an injured left shoulder from a dirt bike get off, and some tennis elbow, the feeder WILL ease lots of pain.

Edited by Notar

I just installed Mr. B. on my 650. After a bit of tuning, the system works fantastically well. The reloading speed doubles at least for me, since I have to run the handle with my left hand then move up to set the bullet due my bad right shoulder. I got mine from Rick and paid a little extra for a second mount so I could move it between my two 650s. I love the idea that he used plumbing parts--means he didn't have to design and pay for a custom component, costs which would have been passed on to us users. Darn, now I have to save up for one of those primer fillers or buy another 20 or 30 primer tubes...

Totally save up for the Dillon primer filler...couldn't imagine loading without it!!

Thanks Guys.

You can call it whatever you want, but I've had a Mr. Bulletfeeder on my 650 for over 2 years now, and I've NEVER ........ NEVER had a problem with it. And I've loaded over 60K rounds of 40 ammo with it. Not a single jam, NEVER an upside-down bullet, and it's so quiet I sometimes forget it's actually working. Completely the opposite of the Dillon case-feeder, which I know has stopped working when I can hear myself think. :rolleyes:

How's that for a "made up pos of parts he picked out of plumbing store"? :roflol:

if you do purchase the GSI, please let us know how it works for you - there have been relatively few posts from GSI users on this forum so I'd be keen to hear another opinion about that product.

I have GSI's for my 650's they are all pistol. The feeders/tool head blow everything else away side by side. Unfortunately their collator just blows, I have yet to see one that worked 100%. So, I use GSI feeders along with collators I built that are very close to the KISS.

For rifle on the 1050 I use the KISS feeder it works fine but no room for a powder check like the GSI’s.

Loaded 100K+ of pistol in 38SC (9mm bullets) on my previous 1050 with the KISS Feeder(sold them)....just waiting for my second 1050 in 38SC (today :)) and I'm on the list for MR Bullet Feeder....I also have shoulder problems with the reloading of 30-40k per year...so auto-drive has arrived. If I believed that the the GSI was better I would have purchase it...but there is very little info out there even from the manufacture, the pretty girls while nice to look at are not much good at information... :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...

My feeder came, and WOW is all I have to say.

I saved a few weeks of waiting by finding a dealer that had a 9mm unit in stock, that dealer then got a 223 conversion from Rick. The dealer put together the unit and shipped to me Fedex. The unit was VERY well packed. Only downside to this: Rick didn't get to set up the machine, and I had to make one adjustment(took 10secs,lol), some of the point up bullets would come loose and fall on the flipper.

When looking online, I too was concerned with the PVC elbow, and how the rest of the build would be. I am VERY impressed with the detailed work and milling that went into the machine. It's very well finished, and it's adjustable with different length and weight bullets, well thought out machine. You just have to unpack the rotating bullet plate to see you didn't buy a cheesy machine.

Before I mounted on the 1050, I ran the unit on the bench, I must of ran 2k through it, smiling with every bullet drop.

I got the unit on the machine, and loaded 10k. I had 1 bullet come down the pipe the wrong way, and I saw it before I seated it. The bullet dropper works great, and when the bullet is put on the case, it's planted really well, the bullet didn't move at all when the shellplate rotated. I was pulling the handle at 1500 RPM, and getting 1200 rounds in the bucket per hour(had to fill Primers, powder, bullets and cases still).

Best aspect for me is I'm saving my left shoulder and elbow from repetitive work. I never could of reloaded 10k in a single day without it, I was never even loading 5k a day. Now I need to warp my mind into needing a PW(big$$). I can prep cases and trim at 2k per hour, PW would be slower, but maybe I could inspect cases while(prior to putting in the casefeeder) while running the PW and kill the 2 birds with one stone.

I have another feeder on order, but I have 2 1050s next to each other, maybe I could use the same feeder with both machines, I'd just need to switch over the spring tube to the bullet dropper and swap out the rotating plate for the 9mm one. I'm going to move my case feeders, and then I can run a 2x sized powder hopper, and I'll mount the bullet feeder between the machines.

Is it worth it, HELL ya

Big thanks to both Ed and Rick.