Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mossy must be catching up on the barrels...i ordered a 24" turkey mat finish on 10/25 and they shipped it on 11/15.......D I C K

Would you happen to know the model # you ordered?

My invoice shows (M930 BBLASM 24DR PRTD SS-FULL Matte) $180.00 two extra chokes were $15.75 Each

Has front and rear fiber optic sights

Mine is a non-ported barrel with a turkey choke.....i acually posted pics on another thread in this forunm....mine is the shotgun with the aluminum ribbed forend....D I C K

should i order a follower with the extension tube? the nordic one says it doesn't work with mossberg. will daves metal works follower work with a nordic extension?

I'm using the stock metal follower in mine.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

i forgot to say that mine didn't release shells with the new Choate Extension until i cut about 8" +- off the spring....D I C K

should i order a follower with the extension tube? the nordic one says it doesn't work with mossberg. will daves metal works follower work with a nordic extension?

I'm using the stock metal follower in mine.

i forgot to say that mine didn't release shells with the new Choate Extension until i cut about 8" +- off the spring....D I C K

Dick, do yourself a favor and junk the choate included spring and order a replacement wolff spring. The choate one when cut to reliably release a shell wouldn't reliably push the last shell after about 500 in my gun.

Anyone having luck getting a non-ported barrel recently? My efforts have come up dry.

I gave a friend the info and he emailed the supervisor listed in this thread last monday. He had a reply within 30 minutes, and a phone call within the hour to take his order.

So recapping the thread....

930 field or waterfowl or turkey

order 24" non ported barrel

nordic magazine and clamp tube.....

other add ons and mods to come....but this will get you started....

Is this correct? Would like to get in on the cheaperthandirt sale on the waterfowl 930.....

Could the experts chime in and confirm this recap?

thnx Art

Is this correct? Would like to get in on the cheaperthandirt sale on the waterfowl 930.....

thnx Art

Don't have to order barrel. Have factory cut and threaded.

Skip the +5 and get the +6 Nordic.

- Easier unloaded start/hand cycling.

- 1/2 - 3/4" longer than a 24" with extended choke tube.

- 10+1, more reloading options for outlaw matches when capacity can be greater than 8 after the buzzer.

Really tough to load without either a welded lifter or modified loading port, I prefer a modified loading port.

David E.

thnx Art

Don't have to order barrel. Have factory cut and threaded.

Sure, but I would like to keep the 28" and don't want to waste the Mossberg chokes since aftermarket cutting is all Winchester or the other one. I'll try the supervisor email route.

Matt

thnx Art

Go ahead and order the oversize bolt handle from Nordic as well, I love mine. You might also invest in some sights right from the start, and you must, must, MUST get the lifter welded before competition. I damn near took my thumbnail off four or five times just in practice.

thnx Art

Go ahead and order the oversize bolt handle from Nordic as well, I love mine. You might also invest in some sights right from the start, and you must, must, MUST get the lifter welded before competition. I damn near took my thumbnail off four or five times just in practice.

My lifter isn't welded.

Sure, but I would like to keep the 28" and don't want to waste the Mossberg chokes since aftermarket cutting is all Winchester or the other one. I'll try the supervisor email route.

Matt

Matt,

The Mossberg choke tube and Winchokes are the same.

O Rly? Very cool, thanks for that info. I might get it chopped after all.

Matt

Matt,

here's where i got my barrel... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262099107

Matt

Matt,

here's where i got my barrel... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262099107

To cut down? That is a ported barrel.

58493.jpg

Matt

Matt,

58493.jpg

Sorry Dick, it didn't click who was making the post. I just envisioned the 40 people who would run out and buy that barrel thinking it was a link to a non-ported barrel.

Edited by EvilBetty

Anyone having luck getting a non-ported barrel recently? My efforts have come up dry.

I gave a friend the info and he emailed the supervisor listed in this thread last monday. He had a reply within 30 minutes, and a phone call within the hour to take his order.

Do you happen to have the supervisor's name and e-mail address? I am still not getting any response from Nora after 3 e-mails. was planning to call tomorrow. I got my 930 today. Didn't have too much time to play with it, but like what I see so far. It is much lighter than my Rem 1100. - Rob

Oh, a little off subject. But, since everyone is torturing me with their super deals on the 930, I have to share my black friday deal. Walked out ot Dick's with a Remington 700 ADL Varmint in 308 for $311.00 including tax after sale price, coupons, and rebates. Makes me not feel so bad about my 930.....;)

Edited by RED357

Do you happen to have the supervisor's name and e-mail address? I am still not getting any response from Nora after 3 e-mails. was planning to call tomorrow. I got my 930 today. Didn't have too much time to play with it, but like what I see so far. It is much lighter than my Rem 1100. - Rob

In this thread Here

Matt

Matt,

58493.jpg

Sorry Dick, it didn't click who was making the post. I just envisioned the 40 people who would run out and buy that barrel thinking it was a link to a non-ported barrel.

Well to be honest i hope it doesn't have ports but i really don't care if it does or not....i already bought a non-ported 24" turkey barrel for 3gun stuff....at this point i'm so in love with the 930 system that i'm thinking about getting rid of my 1100's....i shoot skeet and 5 stand a 5 or six times a month and the turkey sights on the 24" mess me up when i shoot moving targets with that barrel so i'm buying this barrel for skeet ect......

The 930 is an amazing gun and i'm recommending it to anyone looking for an auto gun rather than the Remy 1100 (Which my the way seem to give a lot of problems these days) that i used to recommend....i bought this gun for 3gun (after already having had a Benelli) but as soft shooting as it is, it has quickly become my favorite auto......

By the way, anyone looking for Winchokes should watch gunbroker....i just got an Imp Cyl and a Full with a wrench last night for $25 including shipping.... D I C K

Matt

Matt,

58493.jpg

Well to be honest i hope it doesn't have ports but i really don't care if it does or not....i already bought a non-ported 24" turkey barrel for 3gun stuff....at this point i'm so in love with the 930 system that i'm thinking about getting rid of my 1100's....i shoot skeet and 5 stand a 5 or six times a month and the turkey sights on the 24" mess me up when i shoot moving targets with that barrel so i'm buying this barrel for skeet ect......

The 930 is an amazing gun and i'm recommending it to anyone looking for an auto gun rather than the Remy 1100 (Which my the way seem to give a lot of problems these days) that i used to recommend....i bought this gun for 3gun (after already having had a Benelli) but as soft shooting as it is, it has quickly become my favorite auto......

By the way, anyone looking for Winchokes should watch gunbroker....i just got an Imp Cyl and a Full with a wrench last night for $25 including shipping.... D I C K

Well unless everyone is posting the wrong pictures and data for that model number you posted, it's a 28" ported barrel with fiber optic sights.

The only 930 barrel with a bead sight is the 18" security barrel. I haven't seen the adjustable and non-adjustable FO sights side by side yet.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/access.asp?type=barrels&section=access

sbkm1i.jpg

2jaxlqe.jpg

21oc58w.jpg

13zzler.jpg

My 3 gun setup updated a bit. 24 in" barrel that is "all the rage" fitted with an LPA Barrel Band front sight. Lpa rear fiber inserts (deciding to stick with plain black ghost ring or the green inserts for a more accurate slug shots)

I of course need to get it aligned a bit more and reblue the barrel/sight.

Edited by five six