Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heads Up on Moon Clips

IPSC_PRO

revolversupply.com has moon clips for a great price. I got a hundred for $40 and they work great. Now I know about the polymer renz. You gotta work that baby in. Ok for a day at the range shooting target practice but horrible for a quick reload. I'm starting to get the urge for clip holders now;)

Do you know if Ranch Products will sell moon clips for the 625 in 45 gap? At the Indiana State USPSA Championship this year I was in a squad with a 45 revolver shooter from Canada who shot the 45 gap instead of ACP like his competition in the squad behind us. I thought it was interesting to see them shooting the same gun but different ammunition. Any thoughts?

Do you know if Ranch Products will sell moon clips for the 625 in 45 gap? At the Indiana State USPSA Championship this year I was in a squad with a 45 revolver shooter from Canada who shot the 45 gap instead of ACP like his competition in the squad behind us. I thought it was interesting to see them shooting the same gun but different ammunition. Any thoughts?

First time I ever heard of .45 gap. Did a quick research. Interesting. I'll stick with .45acp

Wont they work in the same clip ?

Slight thread drift, but I have had trouble getting hold of Ranch. Does anyone know if they have moon clips for six shot 9mm and/or six shot .38 SP? If so, do you know the price?

Thanks.

From Ranchproducts.com

A full-line of moon clips for 9mm, 10mm, .45acp and .38 SPL revolvers

Slight thread drift, but I have had trouble getting hold of Ranch. Does anyone know if they have moon clips for six shot 9mm and/or six shot .38 SP? If so, do you know the price?

Thanks.

I called them in the early afternoon and had good luck getting a hold of them. Nice people. The clips did take about a month to get. Which is noted on their website.

Edited by DWFAN

If you want to use .45 GAP ammo or brass on a regular basis get in touch with Dave Hearth at Hearthco. He EDMs moonclips to precisely fit the brass you will be using. I recommend Starline .45 GAP brass and Hearthco moonclips. Otherwise, GAP ammo flops all over in regular brass. Famous Grand Master Cliff(the skirt)Walsh uses this set-up at matches all over the world!!

Bob.

A16841

Thanks.

They are in the catalog they faxed me. Best wayto contact them is fax your question and wait for the return fax. I find this very a efficient way to deal with them. I have placed orders by fax also. I have a catalog somewhere if you need more info

When I shot revolver I dabbled in GAP and found Starline GAP brass worked well with Ranch clips. Which just reminded me, I have to mail someone some GAP Brass, oops :goof:

I just talked to Ranch on Monday morning.

Lost all my brass and moonclips on the way back from Vegas on Sunday (long story). Called Ranch on Monday, 200 brand new moonclips arrived Wednesday. Net 30 terms.

What a great company!

I just talked to Ranch on Monday morning.

Lost all my brass and moonclips on the way back from Vegas on Sunday (long story). Called Ranch on Monday, 200 brand new moonclips arrived Wednesday. Net 30 terms.

What a great company!

SONOFA . . .! That sucks, TSA? I still had a bunch of brass in moonclips that I just said "to hell with it" and flew with, there were even a couple of live rounds I didn't catch. After Saturday night I didn't have much time to process my luggage.

H.

Anybody know of any good prices for 38super or 38spec thats not 6 bucks a copy. 35 per hundred of those would be nice also.

TSA is a wonderful group to deal with aren't they? I don't travel with firearms, but as a merchant mariner I refuse to let them fiddle with my navigational equipment except under the direct supervision of myself and their supervisor.