Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Long or short trigger?

Sarge

Looks like I will be ordering an STI frame kit soon. Is there a recipe for trying to figure out which trigger length to get? I'm sure if I shot a bunch with guns equipped with each flavor I could figure it out.

Also, I'm inclined to go curved initially since that is all I've ever used on any other gun. Any thoughts on that?

My builder said he could switch it for me when I pick it up but I might as well try to get it right the first time.

Thanks Everybody.

Kevin

the long curved works for the majority of folks.

That's the same advice I had received elsewhere. If any of the triggers are "typical" (for lack of a better word) it is long curved.

I'm going to suggest a flat trigger. I prefer the flat as it gives me the same trigger feel no matter where my finger is on the trigger face, and I usually pull it from the top half since my grip is high. Pick the length based on your hand and finger size.

I wear a "Medium Cadet" golf glove. The Cadet means "short fingers", therefore short trigger on my 1911's. You might go to a store that specializes in golf equipment and have them fit you. If they say you need a "Cadet" I would go with short. Don't tell them why you need to know though....they might think you are weird!

FWIW

Richard

I wear a "Medium Cadet" golf glove. The Cadet means "short fingers", therefore short trigger on my 1911's. You might go to a store that specializes in golf equipment and have them fit you. If they say you need a "Cadet" I would go with short. Don't tell them why you need to know though....they might think you are weird!

FWIW

Richard

Hmm... That might be the answer. I golfed for 10 years or so and wear large footjoy gloves.

I prefer the flat as it gives me the same trigger feel no matter where my finger is on the trigger face, and I usually pull it from the top half since my grip is high.

I wondered if that was the purpose of the flat triggers, just never got around to asking.

Largish hands, long fingers, STI short curved trigger. I can get a straight back pull more easily with the short trigger. The curve keeps me away from the frame and trigger guard. I also prefer the texture on the face of STI's triggers over the SV smooth Al.

AFA the frame kit goes, IMO STI fits the trigger shoes to the grip sloppily (too much up-down movement). I prefer to spend the extra $30 and fit the trigger to the frame myself.