Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don't Expect Classifier Scores This Week.

JThompson

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATES ARE POSTED!!

But aren't accurate... at least not for me.

I have a classifier missing from this match:

http://www.uspsa.org...&guntype=Pistol

It's accurate, as far as what they (USPSA) had to work with.

The system shows the results were uploaded on the 11th. Cutoff is the 10th. You should it in next month's update.

I don't guess I have anything tecnically "missing." There's one that I shot on Sunday, the 10th. I told the MD that if he got those in Monday morning, they just might get on this month's update.

It's not there. No great big surprise.

Anything turned in by the 10th is supposed to get figured that month. Someone (I think it was Val) told me over the phone that the ones turned in by the 12th or 13th usually get run that month (no promises there though, obviously).

So my "missing" classifier will get run on next month's update. If I don't shoot anything else, it'll raise my average in Production from 30.09 to 30.10, so, it's not like it really matters to me right now.

Woot, I finally changed a class after like 5 years.

Cool, maybe there's hope for me.

Edited because ima45dv8 beat me to the 10th of the month cutoff explaination.

Edited by mgood

I don't guess I have anything tecnically "missing." There's one that I shot on Sunday, the 10th. I told the MD that if he got those in Monday morning, they just might get on this month's update.

It's not there. No great big surprise.

Anything turned in by the 10th is supposed to get figured that month. Someone (I think it was Val) told me over the phone that the ones turned in by the 12th or 13th usually get run that month (no promises there though, obviously).

So my "missing" classifier will get run on next month's update. If I don't shoot anything else, it'll raise my average in Production from 30.09 to 30.10, so, it's not like it really matters to me right now.

Woot, I finally changed a class after like 5 years.

Cool, maybe there's hope for me.

Edited because ima45dv8 beat me to the 10th of the month cutoff explaination.

Mike, where did you shoot on Sunday the 10th?

My classifier from LCAS on the 2nd didn't show up in the update or on the match score and I'm OK with that since I tanked the classifer and it would have hurt me.

Terry

Mike, where did you shoot on Sunday the 10th?

My classifier from LCAS on the 2nd didn't show up in the update or on the match score and I'm OK with that since I tanked the classifer and it would have hurt me.

Sunday the 10th I shot in Breckenridge, TX with Ridge Runners Gun Club.

My score from the LCAS match on the 2nd did show up. Not sure why yours didn't. . . .

Now, looking at the match results. There's one less name on the classifier stage than on the other stages. Yours is not there. Maybe a case of a missing score sheet? Maybe it just didn't get entered for some reason. I'd contact Matt. They can submit a corrected entry, assuming the score sheet didn't get lost or something.

EDIT: Missing score sheet wouldn't completely explain it since LCAS uses one sheet for all stages. If it was missing, they wouldn't have your results for the other stages. Talk to Matt. If you get match announcements, you've got his email. If not, let me know and I'll give it to you. Maybe that stage didn't get recorded for some strange reason? Maybe illegible writing on the sheet? Maybe just a brain fart when they were entering the stuff into the computer. Who knows?

Edited by mgood

Just going to post they were up, squeaked into B production by .75%. I need to get rid of that one score that from almost 2 years ago that is a 23%.

Good job pal... you get rid of that 23% and you will be a good jump toward A. Be careful what you wish for though, A class is pretty deep. :)

JT

UPDATES ARE POSTED!!

But aren't accurate... at least not for me.

I have a classifier missing from this match:

http://www.uspsa.org...&guntype=Pistol

The system shows the results were uploaded on the 11th. Cutoff is the 10th. You should it in next month's update.

Ya they must have processed all the stuff by hand already and then waited for the Nats to run the program. ... Good job by them to get that done.

JT

Am I the only one who's scores haven't been entered yet?? I'm pretty damn sure I should be a B by now!

That's pretty strong.

Entered where? Have they been entered by the local match staff? Were they uploaded to USPSA? When were they uploaded?

I've shot several local matches last month and I'm pretty sure I've got one classifier above 60%, which will make my 59.88% go up to a B class.. At matches I've been writing down B class because an RM told me he got a list emailed to him of shooters who moved up a class or something like that.. I'm not doubting the clubs.. and I certainly wasn't trying to offend anybody (did I?), just didn't know if it was possible that my scores were't uploaded yet.

Another question.. when shooting a state sectional match, will the overall match % count as a classifier score if a GM is in the division you are shooting?

I've shot several local matches last month and I'm pretty sure I've got one classifier above 60%, which will make my 59.88% go up to a B class.. At matches I've been writing down B class because an RM told me he got a list emailed to him of shooters who moved up a class or something like that.. I'm not doubting the clubs.. and I certainly wasn't trying to offend anybody (did I?), just didn't know if it was possible that my scores were't uploaded yet.

Another question.. when shooting a state sectional match, will the overall match % count as a classifier score if a GM is in the division you are shooting?

You didn't offend me. I was just trying to raise the idea that it seems everyone else who had classifier data uploaded by the cutoff has had those appear in their classification record. It might be a good idea to check with the club's stats person to see if they have sent them to USPSA, and if so, when. That would help you wag that finger in the right direction.

As for a sectional or other major match counting as a classifier, it usually requires 3 GMs in that particular division to count.

You didn't offend me. I was just trying to raise the idea that it seems everyone else who had classifier data uploaded by the cutoff has had those appear in their classification record. It might be a good idea to check with the club's stats person to see if they have sent them to USPSA, and if so, when. That would help you wag that finger in the right direction.

As for a sectional or other major match counting as a classifier, it usually requires 3 GMs in that particular division to count.

It also needs to be requested by the MD. I never requested it for our A5, but it was counted there, so I guess Areas go anyway???

JT

Edited by JThompson

It also needs to be requested by the MD. I never requested it for our A5, but it was counted there, so I guess Areas go anyway???

JT

I deliberately didn't list the other 'requirements'. IIRC, there is (or was) supposed to be 3 GMs in the division, their scores had to be be GM-level, and the Form C match app marked as requesting that the final score be used as a classification. The last Form C I saw didn't even have that option listed any longer so it may be a default now. Dunno.

I've seen instances where there were fewer than 3 and it counted, and I've seen less-than-GM performances still be counted. As this point, I've given up trying to predict what will be counted or why.

JT

I deliberately didn't list the other 'requirements'. IIRC, there is (or was) supposed to be 3 GMs in the division, their scores had to be be GM-level, and the Form C match app marked as requesting that the final score be used as a classification. The last Form C I saw didn't even have that option listed any longer so it may be a default now. Dunno.

I've seen instances where there were fewer than 3 and it counted, and I've seen less-than-GM performances still be counted. As this point, I've given up trying to predict what will be counted or why.

Getting off topic . . .

I've been wondering about that.

I was recently looking at the results of the Western States Single Stack Championship from early this year. Now, there aren't many places outside of the Singlestack Nationals where you can expect to see three or more SS GMs. (There just aren't many GMs in SS.) The WSSSC was not used as a classifier, though there were three GMs there.

What exactly does it mean by GM-level scores? Does that mean a GM has to win and GM #2 and #3 have to be within 95% of his score?

At the 2010 WSSSC:

1. BUTLER, TARAN       L2354    GM  MAJOR  1193.0115  100.00%
 2. LEATHAM, ROB        L684     GM  minor  1191.0696   99.84%
 3. VOIGT, MICHAEL      RD4      GM  MAJOR  1141.7305   95.70%

Seems to qualify by any definition.

There were multiple shooters who placed 1st or 2nd in their classes and shot into the next class, but were not bumped up in class.

SHELBY, GLENN       TY56885  M   MAJOR  1136.6862   95.28%  1st Master
LIN, MIKE           TY49831  A   MAJOR  1081.2908   90.64%  1st A
MILINAZZO, JARED    TY55626  A   MAJOR  1044.4446   87.55%  2nd A
NEAL, BRADLEY       L2052    B   minor   898.7229   75.33%  1st B
ANTRIM, JON         A55152   C   MAJOR   840.2873   70.43%  1st C
BAKKE, BRIAN        A57645   C   MAJOR   803.9424   67.39%  2nd C
LIM, ALEX           A64045   D   MAJOR   690.7863   57.90%  1st D
NEWTON, DANIEL      TY63687  D   MAJOR   623.7140   52.28%  2nd D

Being as (I think) this was a Level II match, they couldn't bump Glenn Shelby to GM. But from everything I've seen previously, it looks like the rest of those guys I listed should have been bumped up a class.

Maybe since TGO didn't win, it was just so strange that none of it could be considered valid. :surprise:

EDIT: Or maybe because so many people finished in the next higher class (some almost two classes higher) that someone decided that 100% wasn't really where 100% should be - not GM type scores.

Or maybe the MD just didn't fill out the form to make this match count for classifiers? Maybe he didn't expect to have three GMs show up?

Edited by mgood

Here is the situation I am in as far as a major match as a classifier score.... 2010 TN Sectional, 6 GM's in Limited. I finished at 72% overall and was expecting to see this percentage as a classifier score this month, but nothing. . I'm assuming now that I won't see this score go towards my overall percent.

Here is the situation I am in as far as a major match as a classifier score.... 2010 TN Sectional, 6 GM's in Limited. I finished at 72% overall and was expecting to see this percentage as a classifier score this month, but nothing. . I'm assuming now that I won't see this score go towards my overall percent.

I had that happen to me twice. In both cases, the match was listed properly, approved courses, enough GMs and I shot into the next higher class. I e-mailed USPSA asking why my classifier stage had gone into the system but my overall match percentage had not, and why was I not getting bumped...The MD decided NOT to pay the fees for the higher level match to USPSA basically treated the match like a local, level 1 match. Needless to say I was pissed. I begged the MD and the SC to pay the fees, they refused. According to the AD and USPSA, that is their option.

Ok, getting sort of back on topic . . . what was the topic again?

Oh yeah, classifier scores delayed due to Nationals.

I've looked at the classifier scores today of a couple of people who I know were at Nationals. I don't see it showing up as a classifier. :huh:

Ok, getting sort of back on topic . . . what was the topic again?

Oh yeah, classifier scores delayed due to Nationals.

I've looked at the classifier scores today of a couple of people who I know were at Nationals. I don't see it showing up as a classifier. :huh:

That was part of the topic, but the real topic was getting an update for "electronically" submitted scores.

JT

ugh, so I find out the club had a problem with the new system's password and the process to upload them, resulting in go up a day late.

So instead of getting my best 4 of 6 (69,61,61,61) scored as my initial classification, I will be stuck with (69,61,61,61,55,49) at 59.33%.... that sucks, since I did my part...