Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Stop

Attila

I want to do an experiment to find out what is causing stoppages on two different G35s. I have already switched to a regular slide stop.

Is there any reason I cant take the slide stop out alltogether?

Malfunction: Slide stopping when making contact with rear of case. slide stop doesnt appear to be engaged. Occurance is intermittent. Can be cleared with a sharp slap of the basepad.

both guns used the same Dawson Ice mag well, dawson mag extensions and springs. bevelled followers. otherwise stock. AAA commercial reloads (1.115 oal)

The only potential problem with running the gun without a slide stop is that the slide stop on the Glock is what retains the trigger pin. The stop fits into those grooves on the pin and locks it in.

As long as you keep a watch on that pin, it shouldn't be a problem.

I would check to make sure the slide stop is properly installed. If you installed the trigger pin and slide stop before inserting the locking block pin you may have hooked the slide stop spring. This might cause the slide stop to engage prematurely or intermittently.

I want to do an experiment to find out what is causing stoppages on two different G35s. I have already switched to a regular slide stop.

Is there any reason I cant take the slide stop out alltogether?

Malfunction: Slide stopping when making contact with rear of case. slide stop doesnt appear to be engaged. Occurance is intermittent. Can be cleared with a sharp slap of the basepad.

both guns used the same Dawson Ice mag well, dawson mag extensions and springs. bevelled followers. otherwise stock. AAA commercial reloads (1.115 oal)

How long have you run the same recoil spring? Mag springs? Are the guns sprung identically? While running identical 34s, I discovered that one of them would run my reloads perfectly with a 12 lb. spring up to a year, while the other gun would stop going into battery within a month of shooting. That gun needed a 13 lb. spring to run....

How long have you run the same recoil spring? Mag springs? Are the guns sprung identically? While running identical 34s, I discovered that one of them would run my reloads perfectly with a 12 lb. spring up to a year, while the other gun would stop going into battery within a month of shooting. That gun needed a 13 lb. spring to run....

both guns are relitivly new, stock springs. Both had problems out of the box. because of that, I believe it to be a mag, ammo or person issue.

Do both guns exhibit the same problem when shooting the same ammo out of a stock 15 round mag? If so, I'd look to mag springs in the extended basepad mags....

The amount of grip strength used may also play a factor by robbing the gun of energy.....

my friend had an issue with his sons 34 going into slide lock prematurely after every round or so, it ended up being a broken spring for the slide stop. he called glock, they sent him a new spring and the problem is gone now.

slide stopping as it contacts the case??? could be a weak recoil spring(try factory to dupicalte problem) also, when was the last time the slide was completly taken down and cleaned??? this past weekend i looked at one that was hanging up, andthe slide intenals were completly gummed up, cleaned em up and problem(for that gun) solved

I would check to make sure the slide stop is properly installed. If you installed the trigger pin and slide stop before inserting the locking block pin you may have hooked the slide stop spring. This might cause the slide stop to engage prematurely or intermittently.

+1.

I have a G-35 with the factory extended slide stop and I ahve never inadvertently "locked the slide back." Of course, my hands are small enough that I can't even reach the extended stop without shifting my grip. when you clean teh inside of the slide, make sure there is no oil and old solvent and carbon in the slide.