strat81

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

If only we could talk them into making one of their higher power Tac30s in mil/mil, maybe even FFP. I'd settle for just mil knobs though.

I knew this was here somewhere...The MTACs, which are basically an improved TaC30 now includes what you are after: Burris MTAC

I've handled all three of the higher mag MTACs and I have a few on the way.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I currently have an M&P 15 which I use for 3 Gun Tactical division. It has an old Aimpoint 5000 red dot with a single Burris Xtreme Tactical XHigh scope ring. It's great for anything under 100 yards and I can hit steel plates at 200 yards reasonably well offhand. I'm looking into the TAC30 but now I figured I'll also have to shell out $87 for the PEPR mount as well which adds up to $367 for the pair and a little more than what I'd hope for. Has anyone even tried mounting this scope with a single ring on the back side of the tube? I know it has a lifetime warranty so I could just go for it and see if the scope holds up. Any comments?

Edited by kc9

Hi, I currently have an M&P 15 which I use for 3 Gun Tactical division. It has an old Aimpoint 5000 red dot with a single Burris Xtreme Tactical XHigh scope ring. It's great for anything under 100 yards and I can hit steel plates at 200 yards reasonably well offhand. I'm looking into the TAC30 but now I figured I'll also have to shell out $87 for the PEPR mount as well which adds up to $367 for the pair and a little more than what I'd hope for. Has anyone even tried mounting this scope with a single ring on the back side of the tube? I know it has a lifetime warranty so I could just go for it and see if the scope holds up. Any comments?

Go on Youtube and look at the video of Daniel Horner and Robbie Johnson giving tips on a Shooting USA episode. Horner's rifle at the time mounted a Luepold variable with both scope rings behind the adjustment turrets. I would be willing to guess he fired LOTS of rounds in this setup. You could probably mount it up with two rings instead of buying the PEPR.

Thanks for the tip but I couldn't find the Daniel Horner video. Anyway, I went into the gun shop yesterday and checked out the TAC30 and the XTR. I like the brightness adjustment knob on the XTR but it's a lot more expensive. While testing the TAC30 it started blinking the reticle. The sales guy said the scope was just alerting it would shut off automatically soon but if you were to actually shoot with the scope it would reset the shutoff timer. I've never heard this and wanted to see if anyone can confirm this feature?

Also, I tried the PEPR mount on a standard A4 with a similar stock as mine. It seems the scope doesn't have to be mounted that far forward for me and that I will be able to place rings on each side of the turret.

Edited by kc9