Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Trigger for AR15 that has no set screws?

Religious Shooter

I've been using the Chip McCormick drop in triggers. The have been awesome for me. Nice single stage break around 3lbs. with a strong reset. No set screws or adjustments to make. Pull the pins and drop in the unit.

While some of the adjustable triggers on the market can be tuned lighter, I've gone away from them. This trigger does everything I want it to do with no adjustments. I likem' so much that I'm putting them in all my competition and training setups.

ETA- These are the newest models manufactured this year with improved internal designs to improve trigger performance and reliability.

Disclaimer- I liked them so much that I convinced CMC to sponsor me! Just wanted you to know that I do have a Professional affiliation with CMC.

Erik

Cool, I didn't know they redesigned the Chip drop in's. I'll have to beat one up.

Just to throw in another option, the single stage Geissele is very nice. I to have a professional relationship with these folks :) No adjustments at all. Just drops in, albeit with a little more work than a trigger pack. The drop from disco to trigger nose is so very slight. Really nice design.

I've been looking hard at a Geissele SSA. I put a few rounds through one and liked it, price is (relatively) reasonable. The guys on ARF say it's one of the most reliable aftermarket triggers out there. Installs like a regular trigger group with the same amount of parts, no screws, non-adjustable, 2-stage in 4.5# area.

I've been using the Chip McCormick drop in triggers. The have been awesome for me. Nice single stage break around 3lbs. with a strong reset. No set screws or adjustments to make. Pull the pins and drop in the unit.

While some of the adjustable triggers on the market can be tuned lighter, I've gone away from them. This trigger does everything I want it to do with no adjustments. I likem' so much that I'm putting them in all my competition and training setups.

ETA- These are the newest models manufactured this year with improved internal designs to improve trigger performance and reliability.

Disclaimer- I liked them so much that I convinced CMC to sponsor me! Just wanted you to know that I do have a Professional affiliation with CMC.

Erik

I love my McCormick trigger in my competition rifle. It makes my patrol rifle trigger feel like I'm pulling a freight train. And for the record, I'm not sponsored by CMC.

The new Giesselle(pronounced Guy-Zlee) Super 3 Gun trigger is pretty awesome and uber reliable.The NST has been trying them out for a while now. I believe they are almost available for sale.

It is a single stage with a slightly different break than most are used to in single stage triggers. Reset is very short and the break just sort of rolls like its on bearings. As you apply pressure you feel a sort of creep that is so smooth it feels like it rolls on ball bearings. Then BANG! No screws to adjust. Break is adjusted with the trigger spring. Mine is 2# on the nose. I love it. Its the best trigger I have ever shot. I literally have shot them all and still own most of those. And it has the fastest lock time of any AR trigger on the market.

Its truly gonna be a hot setup. Reset is not as short as the AR Gold or some JP's but its ten times more positive and only has just a slightly longer reset. The hammer spring is the strongest I have ever felt. the hammer will bruise your thumb if you use your thumb to break the drop.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...