Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing C-More Battery

BigTinVA

Both of my C-More's have very tight contacts and I have had a hard time digging the battery out of the pocket each time I change one. The instructions say "using the hex wrench provided, remove the two flat head hex screws and the cover. Place the hex wrench in the groove in the front side of the battery compartment to elevate the battery and facilitate its removal". When I try this it feels like I am going to crack the scope body prying on the battery. There must be a better way. What is the best way to remove the battery and what tools do you guys like to use if any?

Thanks in advance!

That's pretty much it, except I use a very small flat head screwdriver. When installing the new battery don't try to slide one end in, push the battery straight down. Duracells have slightly rounded edges that help with installation. Some cheap batteries have sharp edges which can hang up on the contacts.

C-More batteries are just a tight fit. I have several and all of them are tough to remove and insert the new battery. There is a small cavity molded into the front of the battery compartment that allows you to get a small screwdriver under the battery and pry it out.

Pat

Don't stick it all the way in....put it in the slot just below the center line. It may slip over a couple times, but you don't run the risk of breaking something. You can also use something with a sharp point on it and it will dig into the metal and "grip" the battery to get it started out... once you get it started out you keep dropping the tool back just under the center point and "working" it out.

JT

Yes it's difficult but be patient. I use hex wrench, small flat head screwdriver and try to move it out little be little in the groove in the front side of the battery compartment and try to grap in the end of the battery with leatherman super tool pliers. Good luck.

I use a "dental pick" type tool. I picked one that has the same diameter as the 1/3N battery. You slide it into the slot and rotate it so that you can pull the battery straight up. I had to look aroung for a tool that fit the basic diameter and filed the end so that it could slip it around the battery. Works like a charm.

I was in the safe area for a good 15 minutes yesterday trying to figure out how to pry that little sucker outa there. trick, if you have one of those tiny hex shaped like an 'L', use that on the cavity on the top side to pry the battery.

• 3 months later...