Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North American Nok down Steel Championship

Application.doc

I am plesed to announce the North American Nok down Steel Championship. It will be at Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, FL on Decemember 3rd-5th. the match level is approved.

There will be 10 USPSA style field courses from 20 to 40 rounds. The courses have not all been drawn up yet, but we are planning on 25 to 30 rounds+ average.

You can shoot the match in one day unless you want to shoot 2 divisions, then you will need to shoot it 2 days. The cost is $150 for one division or $275 for two divisions. The website is www.nokdownsteel.com. It is not up right now but will be shortly. Jim Thompson has generosly aggreed to do this for us. You will be able to do the app online and pay there, or print it out and mail it to me. The payout will be cash based on division and class. the break down will be on the site.

Staff and some shooters on Friday, shooting on Sat and Sunday.

Any questions my email is tom@drazymetalworks.com, Manny's is eb@protechco.com.

I will be handeling staff requests, please send them to me.

Thanks

Tom

Okay people, the website is now up and running. The online registration and payment are fully functional. Please take the time to read the section titled, "Online Registration and Payment" for instructions on how to use it properly as this will save time and frustration. The process should take you about 5 mins to complete.

This match will be a riot and a nice break from the weather as it gets cold for us Yanks.

Please visit the site and get signed up ASAP. There is limited space available and it is expected to fill up rather quickly. With Manny Bragg and Tom Drazy running it you know it will rock!

CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

My brains not working this morning so I'll ask the question here since I don't see an answer on the web site

(be kind :blink: )

Is there any classifications like the Pro-Am or is this all of us heads up and let

the chips fall where they may ?

Oops, think I answered my question, just saw the on-line app and it's looking for my USPSA

ranking.

Thanks

My brains not working this morning so I'll ask the question here since I don't see an answer on the web site

(be kind :blink: )

Is there any classifications like the Pro-Am or is this all of us heads up and let

the chips fall where they may ?

Oops, think I answered my question, just saw the on-line app and it's looking for my USPSA

ranking.

Thanks

Indeed, it goes by your classification... have a looks at the "payout" section for details on how moneys will be paid out. (No procedural for that one) :goof:

JT

Edited by JThompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump.... nice break from the cool weather gys... let's get this match filled up. I have my plane ticket and a place to crash. I'm going down early and hit the beach for a few days and then help setup, shoot and run it.

Join us!

JT

Edited by JThompson

I wish this one had been scheduled earlier. I just got back from Orlando. I would have scheduled my vacation around it.

Ya it did get scheduled a bit late this year... it was set to be at another venue, but there were some "issues" that caused it to be rethought.

We're hoping to still get a good turnout... this match WILL happen and it's going to get big. It might not get Florida Open big, but then again...

JT

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Registrations are comming in, Manny and Frank are finalizing the stages. We should have 10 stages about 300 rounds. I just made 150 more so we have that many. We are going to run the match weater we have 75 or 250. It is not going to be canceled so, make plans, come on down to Florida!

Tom

Having never shot a steel match how is it scored, and is there a power factor?

There is not going to be a chrono in the match, but, the steel will be calibrated using USPSA rules. Major/ minor will not be reconized because steel scores the same either way (1kd=1A). I will have a chrono there for the calibration ammo.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Shot this Match yesterday and wanted to say "Thank You" to Manny and Crew. This is he first time doing this match for these guys and although there are some growing pains like it was a blast. Weather was perfect and the layout was smooth and fun. I will definately shoot this again next year. Lots and lots of steel boys!

Thanks for coming out Paul.... yes there were some pains, but we know what they are and it's easy to correct.... Thanks for all your patience guys... it did not go unnoticed. I'm hoping to talk Manny and Tom into loyalty discounts for next year for all those that shot this one. It's not my call, but I will float it by them and see. ;)

Scores are posted on the website.

Great to put names with faces....

More after I get back to town.... I also have some vids of KC and Shannon.

JT

Edited by JThompson