Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G 35

BBoyle

I just picked up a 35 with a set of Trijicons for a good price and have 6 mags total for it. I will see how it works out tomorrow in a match ( I know I should probably shoot it first but what the H*** ).

I will most likely just use it to mess around in production with an occasional L10. My primary comp gun is an sv open and my Limited is an Old P14. If I like the 35 enough I just may not buy the new 2011 limited and just trick out the 35 with a trigger and magwell and maybe a barrel.

I look forward to reading your posts and searching for the simplest mods that work w/o sacrificing that famous reliability.

Type to you guys later.

Brian

I would recommend a Vanek trigger with a Jager striker, Warren/Sevigny sights, ISMI 13lb recoil spring with there captured guide rod and grip tape. Mine has been 100% with this setup! :cheers: I dont think you will leave the 1911's behind but who knows. I just bought a CZ Shadow Custom and my G34 has been put up, you just cant beat the single action pull of a hammer gun.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Wow. Think I'll go for a run...in traffic.

I think you'll find your G35 quite competitive with a good trigger and set of fiber sights. I run mine with 140 PF loads, factory barrel and uncaptured guide rod, and it just runs forever without failure. I love the 1911 trigger on my SV Open Gun better, but the reliability is not the same as the Glock.

I will make changes slow over the off season. Probably a Vanek Classic trigger or one of the ones from Shooters Connection (Glock Trigger Challenger) that is still production legal and then change the sights. The barrel change will only be for if I decide to put lead through the gun.

I am sure that any questions I have will be answered by a quick search.

Still trying to figure out what the running in traffic is about.

Brian

If I were you I would stick with the Vanek triggers I believe they are the best Glock triggers around plus Charlie has great customer service!!! If you get the Classic trigger get the Classic Grandmaster it comes with the Jager extended tip striker so you wont have to worry about light strikes, knock on wood I havnt had one yet.

Edited by G34 CORDY

+1 for the vanek triggers. I've had the classic GM package in my production gun for the past 2 years and it's been 100%. Much lighter and smoother pull w/o any light strikes or malfunctions to speak of. You have to clean it a bit more often though because you can really feel the friction from the carbon build up if you shoot it alot because the trigger is much lighter and smoother.

CAZ

+1 for the vanek triggers. I've had the classic GM package in my production gun for the past 2 years and it's been 100%. Much lighter and smoother pull w/o any light strikes or malfunctions to speak of. You have to clean it a bit more often though because you can really feel the friction from the carbon build up if you shoot it alot because the trigger is much lighter and smoother.

CAZ

Definitely recommend the Vanek GM kit. Major improvement over the factory trigger, and Charlie provides incredible customer service.

I will make changes slow over the off season. Probably a Vanek Classic trigger or one of the ones from Shooters Connection (Glock Trigger Challenger) that is still production legal and then change the sights. The barrel change will only be for if I decide to put lead through the gun.

Brian

+1 on the Glock Trigger from Shooters Connection !! They are great triggers and you can not deal with better people than Shooters !!!

I know I really get a kick out of it when I, my low dollar 35, and 17 put up better times than $2K 2011's.... LoL I am getting ready to order a vaneck Super trigger myself, have yet to hear one bad report about them and Mr. Vaneck is a real treat to speak with, his wealth of knowledge on Glocks is great! But Im not saying others triggers arent great either your best bet would be to find someone who has the trigger your inquiring about and pull it a few times

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of Trijicons on my G19, and have found them to be excellent for bot day and night use. At this point, I'd suggest that you disassemble the receiver so that you can lube the triggerbar/connector interface, and proceed to put some rounds downrange with it, preferably in practice/training and competition. If the gun was obtained used, I'd immediately replace the recoil spring assembly and magazine springs as inexpensive preventive maintenance if nothing else.

In time, as you achieve experience and knowledge with the parameters and nuances of your G35's performance you'll be better situated to knowledgeably change things out, if needed. Some one else's high speed/low drag solution(s) aren't necessarily applicable to you. I'd simply get a venue-applicable holster and proceed forthwith.

You've got an excellent platform. I'd concentrate on performance and software development as opposed to any other hardware solutions at this point. After you've established an experiental base, you'll be in a much better position to knowledgeably and deliberately make changes appropriate to you and your shooting venues.

Best, Jon

Edited by JonInWA

I had a really nice Glock with the Glockworx trigger Dawson fiber optics and the whole set up, and I now shoot a 2011. You can dress up the Glock but IMO you can beat the 2011 mechanics. I do still love Glocks and they are great for production. Go with the Vaneck trigger.

I found out that I have a LEO model that has the 5.5 connector in it. I did the .25 trigger job and I have a smooth take up to a 5.0 to 5.5lb pull. (Lyman Digital) The slide is still stock and I will not make any changes to it at this time. I have a 3.5 sherer on the way and I would be happy if it will keep the smooth prep and let off around 4 or under.

I like the sights for now but if I ever take production seriously I will get them changed.

I have shot it twice already in 2 informal matches and it has worked great. I have no intention of getting rid of it. I just have to start dry firing it to get used to the grip angle.

Brian

+1 on the Glock Trigger from Shooters Connection !! They are great triggers and you can not deal with better people than Shooters !!!

Not to mention that the guy that makes them is one hell of a funny guy to shoot with :D

For a crisp break, the Lone wolf is the way to go. Have heard good things about the glockworx but never tried one. The sherer gives a lighter pull but is very mushy. Have also seen QC problems with them where they are bent too close to the housing and are not catching on the trigger bar.

The sherer gives a lighter pull but is very mushy. Have also seen QC problems with them where they are bent too close to the housing and are not catching on the trigger bar.

Well I got the sherer, pollished it a lttle more with the dremel and cloth wheel, and installed it.

You where right about it being mushy. It is a lot lighter feeling and not so mushy that it cant be used. I am confident that I will be able to shoot better with it at speed but I do wish it was more crisp in the let off.

I will shoot it on Friday. I may try a different connector in the future or just ultimately get one of the 2 trigger kits posted above. The good thing about Glocks is that you can experiment on the cheap to see what you like. I do think that the .25 job with the connector is probably more than good enough for me at this point.

The Sevigny Sights????? How easy are they to install by myself? Should I go to a gunsmith or can a Glock Armorer do it????

Brian

The Sevigny Sights????? How easy are they to install by myself? Should I go to a gunsmith or can a Glock Armorer do it????

Brian

The front sight is a peice of cake, the rear may require a touch of fitting mine required some pretty heavy whacks with a punch.