Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stapling my finger

foilhat

How could anyone be so stupid to staple their own finger.....Oh wait....I did that myself back in December. :wacko:

To stick with the Hate rules....I HATE borrowing a friends staple gun only to find out that it operates the reverse way of mine. End result, half inch staple that went all the way in on the palm side of my index finger at the first joint. One Tetanus shot, one $20 copay, and dumbfounded looks on the Urgent Care staffs faces and I learned my lesson, the hard way!

How could anyone be so stupid to staple their own finger.....Oh wait....I did that myself back in December. :wacko:

To stick with the Hate rules....I HATE borrowing a friends staple gun only to find out that it operates the reverse way of mine. End result, half inch staple that went all the way in on the palm side of my index finger at the first joint. One Tetanus shot, one $20 copay, and dumbfounded looks on the Urgent Care staffs faces and I learned my lesson, the hard way!

God I hate those backwards staplers! That HAD to hurt!

God I hate those backwards staplers! That HAD to hurt!

As I recall, the scene went something like this.....

"Hmm, staples don't seem to be coming out. Let me hold it in the air like a gun, and squeeze the handle (while holding the "back" bottom"), and make sure a staple is even coming out."

Ka-Chunk

**wait about 1.5 seconds for reality to catch up to brain**

"OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I hate that too..

But you haven't stapled your finger till you put an 1-1/2" 16ga staple from an air powered commercial stapler into a body part :surprise:

I havn't done that in years, but it does wake you up.....one of the dangers of bieng a proffessional cabinet maker. :closedeyes:

Had a girl working for us years ago who put a 2" staple into her thigh :goof: It had to be surgicaly removed. Think about that next time you get a we boo-boo stapling up a target.

If you shoot USPA/IDPA, and you HAVEN'T stapled a finger... SHAME ON YOU! Get off your lazy ___ and help set up stages!!!

(Yes, I've done it... TWICE)

Thank god my trigger finger is usually running the stapler...

Jeff

I have helped set-up plenty of stages and not stapled my finger yet, sounds like you need to work on your trigger control.