Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MAJOR DATA FOR GLOCK ONLY?

dskinsler83

Does anyone have good recent load data for GLOCK 17 MAJOR out of the Jager Kit????? I have looked and looked at all the diff pages and its making me cross eyed lol

maybe with HS6, WSF, AUTOCOMP...using range brass...

R u using SPP or SRP?????...

most use 124gr MT JHP

Edited by dskinsler83

I am using 7.1 grains of auto comp i don't remember my OAL but it is shorter than most and I hit 1400 fps 175 pf at area 5 with a montana gold 124 and federal magnum small pistol primers, but only cause that's what I could get. No signs of pressure.

Just touching major with 8.2 grains of HS-6 @ 1.155 OAL.

Lone Wolf barrel and the Jager comp. Start at 7.2 grains and

SLOWLY work up using a good chronograph.

No chronograph = no 9 Major. Seriously.

(Both at 1.145 OAL, 7.6 grs. Silhouette or 7.0 grs. of AutoComp with 124/125 gr. bullets. 170 P.F. in my guns very pleasant to shoot and very accurate. YMMV start low.)

I use Standard small pistol, anything but Rem. or Wolf. And the loads are not compressed, AutoComp is really dense 8#s come in what looks like a 4# container.

Tim

Why not wolf that is all I've been able to come but in small pistol?

No need to start a new thread on Wolf primers.

Huge topic last year http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89858&hl=wolf%20primers%20they%20changed&st=0

No idea if the problems been resolved.

I use Federal #100 Standard Small Pistol primers. Plentiful in my neck of the woods. 100% reliability. If my HS-6 load is compressed

it isn't by very much.

That's what I was wanting to hear. Just I hve some variances in my powder charges with my lee auto disk. What size disk opening do u use for which powder. What is ur load data?? I'm thinking auto comp or hs6 which brings me to my 2nd question? Are both those flake powders??

If you worry about measuring every powder charge you'll end up pulling your hair out. I weigh 10 charges and divide by 10 to figure out what each hole throws. I'm using Longshot, which meters better through the LEE than my Hornady LNL. My last few test loads has a velocity spread of 20fps for the best load, so it is fairly consistent. That can vary from powder to powder as well. Some like to burn under more pressure than others. As far as the holes go you'll just need to try them and keep a chart of what they actually throw. The LEE chart is close, but sometimes varies by a few tenths.

For 9MM Major, has anyone looked at HP-38 powder. On the burn chart it's right there with HS-6. Many years ago I used Winchester 540 powder for a

9 x 21 in major P/F with a 115 grn bullet. Of course no more 540 and no more HS-6.

Just curious, possibly going to have a 9MM Major Glock soon, just exploring the possibilities.

Thanks for your input and opinions.

Sorry, I meant to say it was hard to get some months ago, I honestly haven't looked lately, but HP-38 is of the same flake size and close to same burn rate. Could this be a good substitute?

NO! HP-38/WW231 are too fast.

• 6 months later...

tested my open glock 22 has a KKM 9mm conv barrel, carver comp, 13 lb ismi spring.

7.0 gr autocomp

124 berry's fmj rn

fed sm rif primers

1443 fps 176 pf

I thenk I need to back down a few 10ths. would like to stay about 170ish nice to shoot all straight back little to no flip, dot tracked good,loud had ro's backing up

The LEE chart is close, but sometimes varies by a few tenths.

I hear that brother. with titie group the chart said 4.7g and it would throw 4.1g and the next bigger hole would throw 5g, had to ream the smaller hole now they are all 4.6-4.7! this is for 40 not 9.