Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 Alabama Section Championship

Make that 19 B open shooters.... Being late as usual in signing up, I will not be shooting on Saturday, Sooo Friday I'll give yall a score to shoot at! (Of course I'm not one that John should be concerned with)

Mark

On Saturday let the heckling begin!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bulm5
I am glade to see alot of people going to shoot the match I will be in squad 5 hope to see some of yall

Se ya there chris, I will be in Squad 5.

Steve Anderson just called with a match report...

Open

Max, then Tilley

Limited

Blake over Travis (by 2 points)

Production

Mink

Mini-mart was the classifer. Max > Travis > Steve > Mink > Bryant > Blake (Max shot it in 4.52, down 2)

Steve said that he accomplished his goal (he was wanting to shoot comfortably at Majors). He shot clean...and only 2 Deltas for the match. He was squaded with Blake, and said that he was impressed with the control that Blake shot with.

Sorry I couldn't have been there :(

Edited by Flexmoney

It was a good match. Travis and I fought it out to the end, and I was satisfied with the results :D . I was squaded with a few BEs, and am now able to match a face with online screen names. I was impressed with the way Steve and Matthew shot. I even picked up a few tricks on how to shoot some of the stages from them.

Does anyone know when and where the match results will be posted? I am curious to see how my brother, Ridge, finished.

Guest bulm5

Yup, ya'll missed a fun one. High round count and even though I had to make a gazillion mag changes ( shooting limited 10) on stage 4 (38 rd stage), I had fun.

I doubt if we could name all the BE's in attendance. :o Bunch of us...

That was an incredibly fun match. I had a blast with squad 9. It turned out to be close in Production also. Looks like Pete Milionis was about 19 points behind me.

If you are reading this Pete: SANDBAGGER, get your GM card already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

And Blake, if you picked up some tricks from me, I sure picked up more than a few from you. BTW, if I can talk Anderson into coming down for Area 4, we need to get squadded up again. B)

Phil I'm putting that together now - did Production and Limited already :)

EDIT: Revolver done now too, and it DID affect the results to do the overalls combined :(

EDIT2: Done now - just need a place to host them! Email me at littmans(hatespam)@charter.net if you want a copy! Remove the (hatespam) part!

Guest bulm5
Hi first time at the Alabama match I had a lot of fun they had some good shooters in our squad. I will be going next year bulm5 but you looked good doing the mag changes :D

Thanks, I Should be there next year. I had fun shooting with you guys ( La. Boys). Hope to see in other major matches. Hope you guys can make it here in TN state match in August.

Shooter Grrl,

I noticed the change in results in revolver when broken out from the combined scores. My shooting bud (JohnMc) beat me out of the AL sectional revolver champeen by 8 stage points (.669%). He and I were squadded together in squad 7 and had a great time going back and forth all day. I met singlestack and he pointed out what must have been 10-12 BE'ers. It was a great day and and an great match.

bulm5, stage 3 (room service) that had 38 rounds was a treat in revolver as well.

dj

Went over the Limited scores...stage by stage...to compare Blake and Travis. Wow! Stage after stage, they will nearly identical. And, I think they shoot on different squads.

Yes, they shot on different squads. But, we did follow them stage after stage, so I don't know how much Blake was peeking around the berm.... ;)

What a great match. Being squadded with Blake was a real treat for Mink and me...It was our first super squad experience and we want more!

We both shot clean matches, I shot more conservative than perhaps I should have, but I wanted a clean, high point match to reprogram my major match mental game and got exactly that.

I was fortunate to shoot a 100% score on mini mart at a major, which is a great barometer of points, speed and mindset for me! :)

We also had the pleasure of eating dinner with Max, Travis and the rest of the Army team. I got to walk the stages on Friday with Max and Travis and learned quite a bit about stage strategery.

Met more Be'ers than I can remember and sold quite a few books as well. Ya'll please let me know if the books are helpful and keep me up to speed on your progress.

Can't wait to back down south some more...you guys drive on the right! What a concept! :)

I have lots of video of Me, Mink, Blake, Travis and Max if anyone wants to host...or I can send files out starting tonight.

SA

I wish I had payed more attention. I didn't realize there were so many BErs in attendance. Next time I will. Congrats to all who did well, and to the staff who put on a great match. John Rasmussen