Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rick Green ... Last Shot Fired

Ray_Z

I lost a good friend yesterday. We shot together and put matches together together for the better part of 10 years. Alzheimer's robbed him of his mind and then his body until it finely robbed him of his life. If you know me you know that I'm talking about Rick Green. He passed away yesterday from the effects of Alzheimer's. I will miss Rick he really was one of a kind.

Rick was a past secretary of MR&P as well as practical pistol match director for the better part of 8 years. I know that there is a special place for him at the big nationals in the sky.

Sorry for your loss Ray, I do feel your pain. I lost my best friend in June of this year. But part of keeping my friend with me, I started to shoot his Berreta he left me and now my son has been shooting it the last 2 weeks. As long as the person is remembered, they will never die. :cheers:

One day at a time.

Ray, about 15 years ago I sat in a room full of people after they had signed all the right papers and they switched off all the machines so my best friend could finally die. This guy was family to me. Within seconds I was the last one there with him. I like to think that if I had been standing like they were, I still wouldn't have left him alone. He was my best friend. I'm glad I got to say goodbye to him.

My heart still breaks to remember it.