Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the call?

mscott

A conversation came up this past weekend about a scenario at a local match. This was stage 2 at Rayner's for Flex or others present. There was 1 popper that activated 2 drop turners. The drop turning targets were no penalty mikes as they were disapearing targets. If a shooter missed the popper that activated the targets and didn't shoot at the DTs since they weren't activated, how would this be scored? My call was 1 mike for the steel, 4 NPM on paper drop turners, and 2 procedurals for failure to activate the drop turners. Is the 2 procedurals the right call since it was the same activation mechanism for both targets? What do you think?

9.9 Scoring of Moving Targets

9.9.1 Moving scoring targets which present at least a portion of the

highest scoring area when at rest following the completion of their

designed movement, or which continuously appear and disappear, will

always incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties (exception see

Rule 9.2.4.4). See Appendix B2 or B3 for the percent of target to be

presented.

9.9.2 Moving scoring targets, which do not comply with the above criteria

are considered disappearing targets and will not incur failure to shoot

at or miss penalties except where Rule 9.9.3 applies.

9.9.3 Moving scoring targets will always incur failure to shoot at and miss

penalties if a competitor fails to activate the mechanism which initiates

the target movement.

we sorta covered this in my RO class. Flex cited the rule, so the tally would be;

1 mike for popper

2 procedurals for "failure to shoot at" for each drop turner

4 mikes, 2 for each paper target, since they were not "shot at"

Is that correct?

we sorta covered this in my RO class. Flex cited the rule, so the tally would be;

1 mike for popper

2 procedurals for "failure to shoot at" for each drop turner

4 mikes, 2 for each paper target, since they were not "shot at"

Is that correct?

Absolutely correct (assuming you meant to say one procedural for each drop turner).

:D

Correct, Mr. Jones. That is what I meant. It is amazing how easy it is to decide what is the rule and what are teh penalties from the comfort of the armchair. It seems much harder to do when it is 98 degrees outside at 1 PM, the shooter and clipboard RO are looking at you, and the squad is waiting to paste. ;-)

Edited by chbrow10

Correct, Mr. Jones. That is what I meant. It is amazing how easy it is to decide what is the rule and what are teh penalties from the comfort of the armchair. It seems much harder to do when it is 98 degrees outside at 1 PM, the shooter and clipboard RO are looking at you, and the squad is waiting to paste. ;-)

You forgot that it's raining and you're running out of daylight. :roflol:

Good times, good times!

Troy

And your glasses are fogged up, you are running Dave Sevigny, going backwards and he is belted into a push cart trying to run you over. roflol.gif

And your glasses are fogged up, you are running Dave Sevigny, going backwards and he is belted into a push cart trying to run you over. roflol.gif

If it's Dave Sevigny, your ass has already been run over! :surprise:

Pat

5 mikes for all the targets you missed! 1 on the steel, 4 for the paper targets

3 FTE for the targets you didn't engage! :rolleyes:

2 FTEs, not 3. He engaged the popper, just didn't hit it (assuming missed in the OP means shot at and missed, not ran by without seeing....). Agree with the 5 mikes.

Edited for clarity

Edited by sfchorn

5 mikes for all the targets you missed! 1 on the steel, 4 for the paper targets

3 FTE for the targets you didn't engage! :rolleyes:

2 FTEs, not 3. He engaged the popper, just didn't hit it (assuming missed in the OP means shot at and missed, not ran by without seeing....). Agree with the 5 mikes.

Edited for clarity

OOPS! My bad!

By the time you wade through the junk it's easy to forget the original post :bow: