Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI TROJAN 9MM

ichetucknee

CK1: At the risk of starting a flame war...

That doesn't really happen around here. Brian really is serious about that whole "oasis of civility on the Internet" thing (a term I have seen applied to the vibe around here more than once) In those rare instances where we have people who didn't get the memo - i.e. the Forum Guidelines - in general the moderators are all over it in short order. The core purpose of thse forums is to be a pleasant environment in which shooters, many of whom might need help, can come to get it. We work hard to protect that.

... and you use it well. :cheers:

Thanks Rob!

That doesn't really happen around here. Brian really is serious about that whole "oasis of civility on the Internet" thing (a term I have seen applied to the vibe around here more than once) In those rare instances where we have people who didn't get the memo - i.e. the Forum Guidelines - in general the moderators are all over it in short order. The core purpose of thse forums is to be a pleasant environment in which shooters, many of whom might need help, can come to get it. We work hard to protect that.

And those of us that come here for the info and the civility sure do appreciate the work of the moderators! Thanks Duane!

Thanks Duane, reminded me of another reason why this is the best shooting/firearms forum.

On topic, found a Trojan in 9mm with fixed sights finally and I'm convinced enough to take the plunge (been looking for a fixed one forever, I dislike adjustable Bomar/LPAs and want to run the Warren/Sevigny's as that picture works awesome on Glocks, should positivly rock on a 1911), now I just have to figure out how to pay for it and still manage to stay married. ;)

You might want to check the magazines. My 9mm Dan Wesson PM-9 gfunctiones perfectly with Metalform magazines, either 9mm or 38 Super. WEith MecGar or the "Springfierld Cut" S Metalform magazines the PM-9 will not go to slide lock. In contrast both all of these magazines function perfectly in an older 9mm DW Pointman.

• 2 weeks later...

Duane, while trying to decide what brand mags to order for the 9mm Trojan I have on order, I found an article you wrote on the Springfield/Metalform mags. Are you still sold on these mags? Right now I'm stuck between those and Tripp's. Thanks.

Joe

Edited by johes

If you are lucky, you get a 9mm Trojan that works. I wasn't so lucky. It was never 100% reliable. I finally sold mine after returning it to STI for service and then a later trip to another gunsmith. I've had very good luck with my other Trojan in 45acp. So cross your fingers if you plan to buy one in 9mm.

First thing I did when I got my Trojan 9mm was order 5 Tripp mags. My gun does not have any problems. The only thing I would like is my slide to move faster.

Let's hope Ihave the same luck. My Trojan's on order from Brazos and 5 mags are on the way from Tripps.