Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Long Term Super 1050 owners

Hi I would like to ask owners of the 1050 what parts they would suggest as vital spares and should be kept on hand as I live in Australia I would like to have them on hand now rather then try to get them in a rush when I break something (ok ok I know Dillon's never break ) :rolleyes: but in my hands any thing is possible.

I know that Dillon give you 1 year warranty on the 1050 but I still would like to have the items that tend to be prone to wear/damage just in case.

Many Thanks to any response

I would get the spare parts pack for the 1050 in addition to a bunch of the plastic primer tip at the bottom of the primer tube. You can get the small rubber tubes for the primer shuttle but I think you can also substitute 1/8"? (can't remember the exact diameter) clear plastic tubing and cut it down to size. Other than that, there isn't much that seems to wear out.

t I think you can also substitute 1/8"? (can't remember the exact diameter) clear plastic tubing and cut it down to size.

Just take the little rubber piece to an auto parts shop and tell them it's a sample of the size brake hose you want to buy.

I wore out the vertical bar that actuates the primer slide. It looked fine, but took a bend (in the counter-intuitive axis - the direction in which you would think bending would be impossible). I had a hard time getting the slide to move all the way into place. When I compared this to the replacement, the bend was obvious - and the press worked much more reliably with the new one. It took over decade for this to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Have an extra slide actuating lever. All it takes is getting a little impatient and forcing just a little to get a slight bend in the lever. You have to take it out and put it against a straight edge just to find it.

I would make sure I had at least 7 pins so if one gets lost you can keep going.

Also get a couple extra Toolhead Springs, sku: 12572.

be

+1 on that spring.

The other part that I have problems with is on the casefeed assembly: 13333 Bolt (Locater Tab)

I tend to put a slight bend into it over time.. probably just not lubing something I should be. Now I just have a couple extra when it happens.

I would get the spare parts pack for the 1050 in addition to a bunch of the plastic primer tip at the bottom of the primer tube. You can get the small rubber tubes for the primer shuttle but I think you can also substitute 1/8"? (can't remember the exact diameter) clear plastic tubing and cut it down to size. Other than that, there isn't much that seems to wear out.

Big +1

& toolhead springs,

that's all I have had to replace since 1989.........