Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 changing striker spring

PBA2

So reduced power springs will lighten trigger pull it seems and possibly cause light strikes with some primers? What do extra power springs do? I got the Wolff spring pack and got extra power springs with it. I don't want to increase trigger pull, and I haven't had any light strike issues (I'm just running stock XDm firing pin spring) so I haven't used the extra power springs yet. Any reason to?

• 2 weeks later...

im running the edge trigger system from the glock store in my gen 3 -34 with the light striker spring. anything other than federal blue box primers, it would not be 100% relieable, with that being said. after i put in a lightend striker from Zev i now can shoot any thing any time and its been awesome. also running a 13 lb spring and recoil is very smooth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do any of the light striker springs work with primers other than federal? Due to the shortage, I have some cci and with my glockworx spring they won't go off. But I can't find what the weight of that spring is. Was thinking of going with a wolf #4 but I'm not sure if it will be any heavier than the zev tech onr

• 2 weeks later...

jager striker makes a big difference

Yep.. I run the Jager Striker with a Wolf 4.5 Spring and I never have light strikes.. I think the Jager Striker is .003 longer tip..

This is what I have as well, I had a problem with light strikes with the Jager striker and 4# spring on some very hard Tula primers (also some not quite seated all the way, as they all fired with a second strike). I swithced to the 4.5# striker spring, and that will set anything off. I haven't had a single light strike since, even with hard Tula primers. I like the crispness and reset of the 4.5# spring a little better as well. Although that is mostly mental as I can tell a difference dry-firing, but probably not in a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put the Jager steel guide rod in my G34 with the Wolf 14# spring however, like many others, I can't go lighter with striker spring without light primer strikes. I was hoping the steel guide rod would add some weight but it isn't noticeable at all but I thing the lighter recoil spring has helped the gun stay flatter in recoil. I'm currently using some old silver Winchester SP primers but my backup stash is CCI which are both fairly hard so won't be going lighter until primers are easier to find and I can get some Federals for a decent price. With the factory trigger set up the lighter striker spring doesn't offer any wall and I actually didn't like it that well anyway. I'd like to spring for an aftermarket trigger system that has less take up but don't really want to spend $150 to try it right now.

• 1 month later...

jager striker makes a big difference

So if I have a steel guide rod, lightened recoil spring, and lightened (barely, 5#) striker spring giving me about one light strike per match, does this mean I need the Jäger striker too?

• 2 weeks later...

The light striker (regardless of which brand you choose) will allow you to use lighter striker springs reliably. Stock striker - stock spring, light striker - light spring. You can guess which brand I think is best....... Thanks EkuJustice!

jager