Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Swarovski Z6i BRT reticle?

esskay

How does this scope at 1x compare to an Aimpoint for close in shooting?

I have found it just as fast. The only downside to scopes is eye relief when shooting from awkward positions. I was practicing my support side shooting today and Its still easy to lose the scope if you don't mount the stock right on your support side.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it for about a month.

Extremely well made and very clear piece of glass.

Trying to find extended adjusting lever, like the one shown on photo below.

Still - can't find it anywhere.post-27473-013959100 1288863290_thumb.jp

That looks like a home made one. You can buy one for the Meopta and with very slight modification it will fit the Z6i 1-6 scopes. I have shot the circle dot version with an R&R throw lever for the past 2 years and my BRT version is in the mail. Can't wait to try it out.

Doug

That looks like a home made one. You can buy one for the Meopta and with very slight modification it will fit the Z6i 1-6 scopes. I have shot the circle dot version with an R&R throw lever for the past 2 years and my BRT version is in the mail. Can't wait to try it out.

Doug

thanx - I'am waiting for eurooptics to get some in stock.

Promised 10-15 days.

www.apcustomusa.com

He is the one who makes them for Swarovski.....

www.apcustomusa.com

He is the one who makes them for Swarovski.....

but don't sell them

---

Mr. *******, I appreciate your interest in our company and products, however, I regret to inform you that we no longer sell a T.E.A.M. lever for the Z6/z6i line of scopes.

I have found it just as fast.

plus, i'm no longer weighed down with all that surplus cash in my pockets :roflol:

ok, not really a constructive posting, just venting some thinly disguised frustration that I can't come anywhere close to rationalizing the cost of this thing (for me, anyway)

I have found it just as fast.

plus, i'm no longer weighed down with all that surplus cash in my pockets :roflol:

ok, not really a constructive posting, just venting some thinly disguised frustration that I can't come anywhere close to rationalizing the cost of this thing (for me, anyway)

Just got my BRT in the mail. Smoking deal on a demo from Eurooptic.com. Looks like brand new but $550 cheaper. Reticle looks nice, not cluttered and dot is significantly brighter than my circle dot. Hope to get it out this weekend for a test run.

Doug

I won't say how much I paid but I will say that Swarovski is very good to Law Enforcement and Military personal and they will get my business again.

pat

Did you buy directly from Swarovski or from a particular reseller?

Has anyone tried the 1.7-10 for 3 gun? That seems like a super sexy magnification range for 3 gun. Thoughts?

Has anyone tried the 1.7-10 for 3 gun? That seems like a super sexy magnification range for 3 gun. Thoughts?

The 1.7x bottom end will kill you on close targets.

I guess I keep hearing this but don't really understand. There is a 75foot field of view at 1.7x. If the targets are so close that the 1.7 is too strong then why are you worrying about a sight at all? I don't think I ever turned the power on my meopta below 2x the entire match at LT3G this year. Just trying to understand. Thanks

I won't say how much I paid but I will say that Swarovski is very good to Law Enforcement and Military personal and they will get my business again.

pat

Probably be good if you were shooting open and had a side dot. 10x is a little much at most matches unless the distances are pretty long, like past 400 yards. Less than that 6x is more than enough. I bought the 1-6 so that I can go back and forth between Open and Tac Optics if I want. Plus as you go up in power you lose field of vision, which makes it hard to locate targets.

The Z6i 1-6 is a unique scope, probably why it has gotten much more attention from 3 gunners. When you go up to a 1.7-10 there isn't that much difference to a 3-9 at one quarter the cost(1.7-10 or 3-9 I would have to use a side dot).

Doug

pat

Directly from Swarovski. If your an LEO PM me and I will give you the email address to contact.

I would say that having 1x on the bottom is more important than having more than 6x on the top.

Pat

Took mine to the range last weekend and it definitely looks promising.

The dot seems to be somewhere in between my XTR and K-dot in brightness, so I'm still a little concerned that it will wash out in bright sun, but after breaking three K-dots in three years I figured it was time to try something new...

I pulled an R&R lever off one of my Meoptas and after a little dremel work it should be good enough until someone comes out with a throw lever for the hoards of new Z6i owners ;)

Took mine to the range last weekend and it definitely looks promising.

The dot seems to be somewhere in between my XTR and K-dot in brightness, so I'm still a little concerned that it will wash out in bright sun, but after breaking three K-dots in three years I figured it was time to try something new...

I pulled an R&R lever off one of my Meoptas and after a little dremel work it should be good enough until someone comes out with a throw lever for the hoards of new Z6i owners ;)

My older circle dot never washed out in the bright sunlight. Even at the Larue match where there was so much sun I got sun burned.

Pat

I have one of these enroute. Can anyone tell me what mount they are running. I was looking at the LaRue SPR, but I'm not sure if it will give the proper eye relief

If you shoot nose to charging handle, you need the SPR-E.

I used the SPR-E mount for a while, but it put the scope a bit to high for my taste. I switched to the PRI mount which has a separate extended rail and rings. Gives you lots of options and sits .090" lower than the SPR-E.

Doug

I just got one and used the LaRue SPR (the most extension) to get it far enough out. Wasn't far enough on a JP mount. I shoot with my nose almost on the charging handle, have no neck, a 12-1/2" pull length and stubby arms so your results may vary. Anyhow, I like the scope. After getting it dead on at 50yds I set 8" steel swingers at 200, 350 and an 18 x 24 fixed plate at 500. Thumped the 200 easily, 500 was the second dot (55 and 75, don't know how that works out!) and 350 gave me fits. With my 55 gr it needed to be in between the first line and the first dot. With 75 gr. it was at the first dot. Not a steady rest, just putting the base of a pair of 30 rd. mags in a Brownells coupler on the bench or going prone on the grass and resting the mags on the ground. Glass is extremely clear, love the dot adjustment range. Going to put up paper at 350 and see what it is doing. I'm sure it's me: the gun and loads have done well in the past. still having trouble getting on the scope when prone, again that's me with any magnification scope. I really like both the scope and the LaRue mount.

I shoot 69gr SMKs at 2800 fps.

My drops are:

175 zero (orange dot)

300 first drop (first cross bar)

400 second drop (first black dot)

480 third drop (second cross bar)

525 fourth drop (second black dot)

Altitude has a big effect of course. But they are .75 mil drops. Turrets are 1.5 cm clicks.

Swarovski's online calc is very accurate:

http://ballisticprograms.swarovskioptik.com/BRT_us.html

What did you input for sight height over bore?