Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory Nationals

MBneACP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik,

The BOD voted in favor of a trading post. They're supposedly working on it. According to Rob Boudrie's annotated BOD minutes:

The "trading post" will be supported via the USPSA members page, and all slot trades will be done through Sedro. This system will be in place by the Ides of March (perhaps sooner).

Erik ,

Contact your section coordinator & find out if he can post whatever slot it is you want to trade for. I put a Factory Gun slot on the trading post for a Race Gun slot & was able to trade within two days.  I had to mail the slot to reach USPSA headquarters within 5 days of reaching the trade agreement.

Only your section coordinator can do this as the trading post is available only on the section coordinator's portion of the USPSA web site.

Hope this helps!

Oh yeah, you can trade race for factory or factory for race.

(Edited by titandriver at 7:14 pm on Mar. 17, 2002)

Michael,

Maybe you can get Laurell K. Hamilton, writer of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels, out to the Mystery Writer's match so she can learn how a Browning

Hi-Power (Anita's gun) actually works. 10 or 11 novels now and Laurell still hasn't figured it out.

I got a Race gun slot and a Factory Gun slot from two different clubs I shoot at. I am planning on going to each of them. These will be my first nationals and I am looking forward to it. Last year I got a Limited slot but could not make it because of work.

I am always looking for ways to keep down the cost of going to matches so if any one wants to split a hotel or something please let me know.

I know you can get a slot to the Factory or Racegun Nationals through your club.  Don't you also get a slot if you win or place high in certain matches?  Anyone know what the matches are that qualify?  I've looked throught he USPSA rulebook and website but I cannot find the answer.

Michael Brown

MB,

I think you have to win one of the Area matches to "win" a slot.  Your particular section may also award a slot to winners of their sectional championship...that is up to each section.  You may also get a slot from your local club, if they get a slot...and based on their own rules.

The other route to a slot is to get on the waiting list.  Do it soon if you are wanting to go.  You can sign up for the slot waiting list in the members section of the USPSA website or you can call in and be put on the list.

Well, somebody's not doing a very good "vet" job. In her latest we get the good word on "copkiller" bullets, and how that armor piercing stuff does SO much more damage than those wimpy hollowpoints, when the truth is the non-expanding stuff just tunnels though like an icepick and does LESS damage....a Browning Hi-Power that has its safety on with the hammer down - a neat trick, that....and the scene where Anita, inside her apartment and armed with the Hi-Power and an Uzi, hears a knock at the door. He starts to walk to the door, glances at the Uzi, and thinks, "Nah, if I need more that a 9mm to answer my own door...." Duh! Maybe her "vet" could tell her the Uzi IS a 9mm.

As for sex with the Undead....actually, I'm a big fan of Anita's OTHER creation, Merry Gentry. Screw sex with the Undead (pun intended), I'm holding out for sex with a kinky fairy princess.

Singlestack,

I would love to squad with you guys... Email me your full name and I will place it on my squaddng request form. I am sending it by priority mail to USPSA tomorrow. I just got it today, great timing... 1 day workday and a weekend left to send in my registration... :)

sites@asksam.com

A42091