Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a "flat backed" magwell

Aglifter

My SV has an ICE magwell on it, but I need a bit more room between the beavertail and the top of the magwell to comfortably hold the gun.

Using a Cape magwell was suggested, and it looks like it might help - are there any others to look at? Is there a reason the magwell extends behind the grip - the opening does not.

I think the Cape would made a pretty big difference. The STI aluminum magwell also has a lot less material in back. Other than looks and comfort (for most hands) I can't think of any reason why you need the magwell to extend too far back...it is possible for the mag to hit there if you really fumble one.

Personally, I'd probably get a Cape and put it to the belt sander until it fit my hand. The only thing to be careful of would be leaving enough material around the holes for the retaining pin (shouldn't be a problem). R,

Hello: I had the same problerm with the Dawsin Ice magwell for the 2011. I use a STI magwell and it fits my large hands just fine. It does not push my hand out at the side like the Dawson either. The Cape will give you the most space of all that I have seen. Thanks, Eric

Ditto with the same problem. SV, EGW, and Cape will all resolve it. I went with the EGW and love it. It's tiny in comparison to a Dawson, but still feels like a cavern compared to doing a reload with a G34.

Hello: I had the same problerm with the Dawsin Ice magwell for the 2011. I use a STI magwell and it fits my large hands just fine. It does not push my hand out at the side like the Dawson either. The Cape will give you the most space of all that I have seen. Thanks, Eric

I ahd the same problem with the Dawson Ice and replaced all with the aluminum STI magwell. Not as big a funnel opening but if you can't hit a reload with the STI then... :angry2:

CYa,

Pat