Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Competition Magwell available !

sinnsyk

I wrote up an article which can be found through link on my main page; http://www.henningshootsguns.com

Large frame, competition magwell, anodized in clear and with a smaller head attachment screw now shipping ;-)

I will get hard black and red anodized magwells ready as soon as I have enough orders for them.

Small frame magwells will be available soon. They are externally almost identical to the large frame, but accomodate the smaller interior opening.

I used this magwell at the 2010 Norwegian IPSC Standard Championships and rocked the world (eh.. at least Norway).

;-)

Henning

Edited by sinnsyk

I'm in the process of building two new guns for myself which will have the new magwell. I've currently been doing a lot of training with my old 40 which has the weld-on. I may have a new gun with me, but not sure if it's broken in yet for match. We'll see. Either way I'll at least have a magwell with me to show.

;-)

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Damn you to hell Henning -Satan!! :devil: Just when I think I am done adding cool Henning gear to my Limited,..you go and get another great product out. :cheers: I am leaning towards the black or clear! Damn it! I am just afraid if I get the black the scratches will show up easier. I have gold grips,...I think Red would also be cool as that would be an IRON man theme color. (red, gold, silver)

To be safe, I think the clear will handle scratches the least noticeable. Black will be done in hard black so it will hold up more than the clear, but it'll scratch eventually (I expect anyway).

I'm considering sporting red checkered grips and red magwell for the Europeans... May just have to B)

btw. did the article look alright ?

To be safe, I think the clear will handle scratches the least noticeable. Black will be done in hard black so it will hold up more than the clear, but it'll scratch eventually (I expect anyway).

I'm considering sporting red checkered grips and red magwell for the Europeans... May just have to B)

btw. did the article look alright ?

Article looked great,...maybe a slightly closer picture of the mag well ramps...?

Before and after pic of the OEM with the Henning magwell?

I hope to have a Tanfoglio vs Henning vs Canyon article and pictures at some point. But I'm sure we'll see some pictures posted of you guys' guns with the magwell shortly ;-)

Just want to mention again... I've been using 1911 shock buffers with the conefit guide rod. When shooting heavy loads or large amounts.. it will prevent metal against metal banging.. I'm using it now all the time in my practice. but I wouldn't do it in match. Never know when they will come apart.

Just want to mention again... I've been using 1911 shock buffers with the conefit guide rod. When shooting heavy loads or large amounts.. it will prevent metal against metal banging.. I'm using it now all the time in my practice. but I wouldn't do it in match. Never know when they will come apart.

I plan on doing this with my second Limited Custom (no slide lightening), because my first Limited Custom (with slide lightening) did crack on the lower part of the slide. I wasn't using buffers. Tanfoglio has removed metal from the recoil spring area as part of the factory lightening, this is the area that makes contact with the frame, and it's where mine cracked. I've only had it about 4 months so I expect I should have no problems with my warranty covering the damage. I will find out when I get my claim in. :(

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, just use a buffer especially in the lightened slides.

Edited by Dan-O-Mite

Very nice looking magwell. It does fit a 150.00 +0.00 box, right? Around here, the boxes are tight, there seems to be a competition who makes their box closest to +000 tolerance, and from glass so it doesn't flex at all. :D

The magwell fit the 150.00 mm box. We made sure of that ;-)

I machined 0.030" off the top of my rear sight today. That will give me 0.030" more space for a bigger basepad... I'll be bringing H-520's, H-550's and H-570's to the Europeans and depending on what their box measure I will use whatever pad fits the best. I may even make a H-600 for myself now that the rear sight is lower. If the rear sight thing works well for me I will try to get a production run of a higher quality adjustable rear sight that will allow for a bigger basepad.

At the Europeans, historically they have been generous to make sure everybody's setup fits the box. But you never can be 100% sure so good to have a few pad / magazine setups to check with the box prior to the match and use whatever fits.

Next weekend I'm shooting the Texas State Limited, but I'll be shooting "standard" to get into the groove of the European rules. I will shoot mostly my IPSC box mags, but for sure have a couple of USPSA 141mm mags for those stages where it would be stupid of me not too. But otherwise I've complied with standard rules at all our local matches. It's good practice and it does change the game a little when you lose a few rounds compared to USPSA rules.

Happy weekend everybody.

;-)

Henning

At the Europeans, historically they have been generous to make sure everybody's setup fits the box. But you never can be 100% sure so good to have a few pad / magazine setups to check with the box prior to the match and use whatever fits.

How how does that work? Obviously, no gun handling outside the safety area unless under the supervision of an RO. So is there an RO at the location where the test box is? Or is there a test box at a safety area somewhere?

During the last European Championships I've shot (2004 in Czech and 2007 in France) you have a sign in / check in at the range day prior to the match. During that they also have a gun inspection. Of course no ammo allowed. You have all your mags checked in the box, production guns checked, and big sticks for open measured. So now you can start in the match without worry.

In some major national ipsc matches they'll let you check out your equipment prior to the match. I remember doing this at the 2008 Czech Extreme Euro Open, this year's 2010 Norwegian Championships and I was also able to check my guns in the box at the 2008 New Zealand Nationals. If you wonder and want to check your equipment prior to shooting, you can typically arrange for it.

For my Tanfoglio Limited 40 gun I have 3 different basepads meant for the IPSC box. The two most common is the h-520 and the h-550. The H-520 fits 149.50mm so it's safe. My H-550 is right at the minimum depending on your sights. I have also made some H-570 which isn't available in my store. Both H-550 and H-570 passed the box in Norway, but it was tight. The H-570 also fits Caspian 1911 hicap 40 S&W with their new "tanfoglio style" mags !

The H-550 and H-570 gives you 19 + 1 with 10-coil spring. If you want to reload to 19 you have to cut to 9-coil. 9-coil is on the weak side so I like 10-coil as I can shoot those for their estimated life cycle of 200 magazine cycles (20 rnds x 200 = 4000 rounds per mag/spring).

As noted earlier, I just lowered my rear sight by 0.030" which will slip the gun into the box easier. Sweet ;-)

Hi,

I am interested in the model for the small frame. I would like to know if it will fit the standard model small frame of does it need to be a competition style frame? I have both but really need on for the non competitiion frame.

Thanks,

Z

Edited by Zebraman

Hey. So far we're only making it for the competition (custom) frame. That's what most people have and want. Down the road maybe we'll make one for the match and stock, but the demand is pretty low. I guess I could take pre-orders for match magwell for both large and small frame. When there's enough demand we can make them ? Otherwise it'll be a lost cause on my end.

I guess I could take pre-orders for match magwell for both large and small frame. When there's enough demand we can make them ? Otherwise it'll be a lost cause on my end.

You should consider an aluminum magwell for the older non-rail Match, so that it meets weight and height regulations for ESP division in IDPA. I'm going to shoot one for IDPA Nationals this year, either a 9 or 40. The 9mm will be harder to make weight since the slide weighs 1oz more than the 40....

T

I wrote up an article which can be found through link on my main page; http://www.henningshootsguns.com

Large frame, competition magwell, anodized in clear and with a smaller head attachment screw now shipping ;-)

I will get hard black and red anodized magwells ready as soon as I have enough orders for them.

Small frame magwells will be available soon. They are externally almost identical to the large frame, but accomodate the smaller interior opening.

I used this magwell at the 2010 Norwegian IPSC Standard Championships and rocked the world (eh.. at least Norway).

;-)

Henning

Tried the new magwell last weekend. Really liked the feel of the grip with the supporting hand. Will need to work on my mag changes though as mucked up a few under pressure. I think this magwell works best with at least the 550 base but will get back to you when I have run the new mags a bit more as it has been suggested to me that the failure to seat the mag properly may have been because the springs are still new and with the 520 base in particular I should probably just run 17rnds for a while. Still think I'll be ordering a couple more 550 bases and spring kits shortly tho :)

Still running standard slide stop pin which works with the grams followers but could this pin be interferring with with reloading the mags with this follower?

Edited by Fudoshin

• 3 weeks later...

Now with Henning grips and Magwell, and the before with stock grips / mag well. The stock grips are a bit thick and stuck out over the new magwell so were swapped.

post-16185-092364800 1281563173_thumb.jp

post-16185-015540600 1281563672_thumb.jp

Edited by NoSteel