Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Michigan Section 2010 - 23rd Michiana Territorial Championship

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the match. I shot it clean, which is a feat for me. It was cold though. I'm glad I packed jeans and a long sleeve T shirt.

I had a 12 sceond jam on one stage and a brain fart on another but I'm thinking I got a shot at high senior in SS. Most accurate match I've ever had, 179 Alphas and only one D hit.

I'm pretty happy, I had a good match.

I enjoyed the match. I shot it clean, which is a feat for me. It was cold though. I'm glad I packed jeans and a long sleeve T shirt.

I had a 12 sceond jam on one stage and a brain fart on another but I'm thinking I got a shot at high senior in SS. Most accurate match I've ever had, 179 Alphas and only one D hit.

I'm pretty happy, I had a good match.

You got a little better than that! Well done :cheers: I had a couple of brain farts here and there as well but such is life I suppose.

A big thanks to all who put in time and effort to make this match happen. Loved all the stages and had a blast!!!

This was a very enjoyable match and was fun to shoot. Thanks to all the staff for putting it together. My head was in the clouds for the majority of the match but I guess that's all part of the game. It was great to be able squad with Kyle, Micah and Chris K. Absolutley amazing to watch them tear stages apart and the entertainment value was priceless. Squad 1 was a great squad to shoot with. I don't think we had one reshoot or overlay dispute all day!!!! :roflol:

I had a great time, well run match and I really enjoyed the stages, close targets but still challenging.

If only I didn't have some sort of mag issue on all but two stages I might have shot a little faster haha.

For those who shot single stack... on stage 6(the one with the two drop turners in the middle of the bay activated on the opposite side of the wall) did you guys shoot those or just skipped over them and take the no penalty mikes?

Bill, nice job on 1st place, you had one hell of a nice score.

Mike.

Edited by mikeg1005

Thanks.

I blew off 4 drop turners in the match. I couldn't figure out how not to do a standing reload to get them. And not getting them cut out three reloads. Two of them were half hardcover. You can easily drop a shot each into the black on those, though these weren't very fast. It helps to road trip and squad with a good buddy who happens to me a Master Limited guy. I get a lot of helpful suggestions.

It was my best major ever for sure. I've never shot clean before.

Here's my match video. I'm not fast at all but Sat, I could see the sights.

The jam is still painful to watch. I've got 12K trouble free rounds out of that Trojan since I bought it in April without a good explanation (folded piece of brass or overinsertion of the mag because I cut too much off the basepads).

I have been too hyped up about shooting for awhile now. I just wanted to have fun at this match.

I had a great time, well run match and I really enjoyed the stages, close targets but still challenging.

If only I didn't have some sort of mag issue on all but two stages I might have shot a little faster haha.

For those who shot single stack... on stage 6(the one with the two drop turners in the middle of the bay activated on the opposite side of the wall) did you guys shoot those or just skipped over them and take the no penalty mikes?

Bill, nice job on 1st place, you had one hell of a nice score.

Mike.

I started on the left side, shot the popper that activated the DT last, did a quick reload and hit the DT. shot the other 2 in the middle and one of the statics on the right. I had to doing a semi-static reload somewhere so i did it there. then shot the swinger, other paper and then the popper to activate the other DT (the one on the right as you looked downrange). took a big step and lean to the left to get him. I ended up with a Mike or 2 on the longer targets bc i was rushing things and it was the first stage of the day but the DT plan worked out pretty well at least.

Nice videos... the car one was rough for me... I hit the no shoot on the last target... definitely cost me.

Don't feel bad about your jam... I had two double feeds, three mags that didn't seat all the way and then something else that cuase me to slow down big time.

I had issues with the star, you definitely caught up that jam with clearing the star on one mag.

Looks like Team Rudy meant business today. Congrats to Chris and Micah for winning their divisions! I had a blast today. All 8 stages were very challenging and gave the shooter lots of options. Thanks to all the RO's and everybody who helped with the match. Without you guys, none of us would have had this much fun.

Good match and a huge thanks to all the staff for their hard work.

This match showed me that I need to get much better at figuring out when it is appropriate to skip targets to save time, my general approach of never leaving points on the course hurt me on a couple of stages.

I may be biased as all heck, speaking as a staffer and "honorary" Bend member, but I came away amazed at a couple things, even my jaded self.

The stages were just excellent, uniformly thought-provoking, complex, with all kinds of possibilities, the best of USPSA stage design. Every single one of them was absolutely top-rank, yet memorably different.

Things ran well and I can't say I've ever had more fun working a match. The folks we had working on the match were just plain great- as usual- and it was a pleasure "working" (if you could call having that much fun "work") with the shooters, who were just terrific to us, too.

Of course, the lunch barbecue gets mentioned, because it's about as good as pork gets. Lots of "mmmm-ing" going on in the clubhouse.

Extra-special mention ought to go out to the match directors, Paul Eger, Larry Hupp, and Dave Warren. Along with the other Bend guys, they worked harder than ever getting the range ready, the props made and refurbed, and the whole thing set up to a T. Nice work, lads, and it's a privilege to be able to lend a hand to your superhuman efforts.

Rangemaster Jon was supremely professional, too, and very generous with his time for this club match director with all kinds of arcane rules questions.

Pardon rolling the credits here. Kudos deserved by many.

I haven't had a better (multi-day) weekend in a long time. Thanks!

Edited by Cherryriver