Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Belt

I've been shooting 3gun and I really enjoy the sport! I want to upgrade some of my equipment and I really need a good quality belt. Currently I'm using a leather work belt with a Bladetech holster and mag carrier. I've seen some that have a belt liner and some without this option. I could really use some input on this subject so please help. Thanks

A lot of guys use either the CR Speed inner/outer belts or tbe tactical operator Wilderness Tactical style belts. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you're like me and like to try one or two if everything the get a CR Speed because they are easier to change gear on and off of. If you have the gear you want and want the mist secure belt get a wilderness tactical or 5.11 style belt as ut won't come apart when shooting.

If your work belt is a large width, 2 1/4" and you have removed the parts from your blade techs that make them smaller then an Eagle or Blackhawk nylon duty belt works. I use one in conjunction with all blade tech locks on holdter, pistol and rifle mag pouches and california comp works speed strippers. If you have some of the cali speed strippers that metal buckle on the back is sized for a 2 1/4 incher. I wear it like a work belt with a liner and belt keepers. My Eagle secures via velcro and then a locking buckle.

I like that the belt is large width and stiff.

Jay

+1 on the above. I use a Safailand inner-outer belt system because its easier to change gear plus it puts the holster and ammo carries a bit farther from my waist.

I know a guy who put all of his rifle and pistol stuff on his belt he wore on his waist line. He took another outer belt and put his shotgun shell holders on it (he was using those that hold 4). When he had a stage that required him to use his shotgun he would attach the shotgun belt above his regular belt using only the outer belt and it rode about where his navel is located. Sounds funny but it worked pretty good.

The New-er belts like the CR Speed have the harsh Velcro part on the outer belt and the soft part on the inner belt = the old ones had the harsh part on the inner.

And when you sat down =like in your car or truck the harsh part would stick to your seats and ware them down quick.

The CR Speed is a nice set-up I like having Outer belts to change over for Heavy shot-gun stages and or heavy handgun stages. So Now thanks to Chris Patty I have a second Belt set-up in CR Speed.

Mark Otto makes a soft AR mag holder that can be placed at your Back and not inter-fear when not in use. but when you need that 'Spare mag' its in place and ready.

The New-er belts like the CR Speed have the harsh Velcro part on the outer belt and the soft part on the inner belt = the old ones had the harsh part on the inner.

And when you sat down =like in your car or truck the harsh part would stick to your seats and ware them down quick.

The CR Speed is a nice set-up I like having Outer belts to change over for Heavy shot-gun stages and or heavy handgun stages. So Now thanks to Chris Patty I have a second Belt set-up in CR Speed.

Mark Otto makes a soft AR mag holder that can be placed at your Back and not inter-fear when not in use. but when you need that 'Spare mag' its in place and ready.

If anyone has an extra inner CR speed type belt that they are not using I am your man. I started with 3 and I am down to one. :blink:

I use a CR speed and like it. If you go with a two piece belt system like the CR speed I recomend you make yourself some extra velcro keepers. The belt comes with one. I recomend three at all times when used for 3-gunning. I put one in the back center and one above each front pant pocket between accessories. The velcro is from either walmart or home depot and is about 3/4" wide with the hook on one side and loop on the other.

I changed from a CR Speed to a Wilderness (the stiffest one). All my 3 gun gear items are TekLok, it's easy to take things on and off without removing the belt.

And with everything is off, it's just a belt. Nothing to get in the way. Simple is better.

+1 on what BerKim wrote. That is the same system I use. Heck, he might of gotten the idea from me. LOL! Easy on easy off with the TecLoc. I do use the CR belt for pistol only match.

I like the CR Speed Belts. I run Cr speed Holster for reg pistol matches, but for 3Gun, Serpa Holster, Mark Otto's Caddies with teklok, A patrolman's AR Mag in the middle of my back and Sarfaland pistol mag holders. I can change to just about any configuration I need using the cr belt.