Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not....DO NOT...buy one with a CVT. They are fragile and expensive and have a history of problems, buy the 6 speed and you'll be happy. My wife had a Cooper and it was a really great little car until we started having problems...then it got real bad.

On the bright side, working CVTs are cool. Had a Nissan and then a Lexus with CVTs and I liked them, particularly when going up hill. They just dial in the necessary gear ratio to keep the engine in its best rpm range.

Thread drift <<<<ON>>>>

IF I were to be buying another small vehicle. I want one of these.

Fantastic mileage and phenomenal torque.

Thread drift <<<<OFF>>>>

Edited to add (from Car and Driver)

ENGINE TYPE: turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve diesel inline-4,

iron block and aluminum head, direct fuel injection

Displacement: 120 cu in, 1968cc

Power (SAE net): 140 bhp @ 4200 rpm

Torque (SAE net): 236 lb-ft @ 1750 rpm :surprise:

post-1015-127777810222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jman

Hello: We had the Mini Cooper S and now we have a Jetta diesel. The Jetta gets between 50-60 MPG on the highway at 80 MPH :surprise: It is fun to drive as well and you can put it in sport mode and spin the tires at the lights when it turns green. I love doing that to Prius's :roflol: Look at Mini Madness stuff. It will be a great car for you. Thanks, Eric

Well, like Matt said, we ordered one!

Views/opinions from people I've asked, searches on the internet & of course, people here, made me make the decision to get one.

As to the issues that may arise with the transmission, well I can't worry too much about it. Many cars have their issues & I want to enjoy it!

I'll post pictures when I get it....in 6 weeks :(

Views/opinions from people I've asked, searches on the internet & of course, people here, made me make the decision to get one.

As to the issues that may arise with the transmission, well I can't worry too much about it. Many cars have their issues & I want to enjoy it!

Any hints...color, wheels, etc..

It will be a fun car either way!

mmmm...new car smell

Any hints...color, wheels, etc..

It will be a fun car either way!

mmmm...new car smell

Red body, black roof & side mirrors, black wheels & black bonnet stripes. :)

You guys aren't helping me out here.... :ph34r:

Ya well, we saw your new gunsmith pricing! I think Gloria deserves the Mini... go for it girl! I also have a friend who has one and "he" loves it. He's an Marine, so I wouldn't make any of the nails comments. :)

JT

Edited by JThompson

• 1 month later...

So here she is! I've had it for less than 24 hours & I love it! Couldn't get to sleep last night I was so excited, hehe. Took it for a ride to the grocery store this morning & will probably find an excuse to take it out again later :)

post-11739-128084267851_thumb.jpg

post-11739-128084269048_thumb.jpg

post-11739-128084270136_thumb.jpg