Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Power Custom trigger

cavallino

Seems like a complete waste of money to me. The single-action trigger pull on a S&W revolver is near perfection anyway, and stock triggers can be smoothed up quite easily. I can't imagine how this product is going to add any sort of meaningful improvement to the double-action trigger pull. I like some of the Power Custom products a lot--particularly the trigger/hammer and endshake bearings--but this looks like another part that is being offered purely for marketing reasons.

You are getting a tool steel part instead of a MIM part.

Pure marketing.

The difference between MIM and tool steel might matter for certain high-stress 1911/2011 applications, but S&W's stock MIM revolver triggers and hammers are great parts. They slick up great and I have never seen one fail.

I chose MIM parts for both my match 625s, and I have access to both kinds.

Me too.

The other thing they could have done is to make it with a true rounded trigger face with all the edges nicely blended and contoured. This would differentiate it enough from the stock factory trigger that it might create a functional advantage for those who prefer that kind of trigger profile. Maybe that could be their 2.0 version!

Good input guys, the single action notch part didn't really grab my attention because i don't shoot competition revolvers in single action mode.

The "extra material in the right spots" and the hopefully fine tolerances of EDM machining is what interested me.

The description says that the trigger face is already "Rounded and polished smooth for the serious competetitor", so I guess that would negate the need for a 2.0 version.

If any body has measured one of these up against a standard part, I would be keen to know the difference.

A total waste of money paricularly if you have a bobbed hammer.

As of the moment, none of the 16 Smith's in my safe do not have bobbed hammers but I don't shoot SA nor do I teach SA shooting.

• 1 month later...

Seems like a complete waste of money to me. The single-action trigger pull on a S&W revolver is near perfection anyway, and stock triggers can be smoothed up quite easily. I can't imagine how this product is going to add any sort of meaningful improvement to the double-action trigger pull. I like some of the Power Custom products a lot--particularly the trigger/hammer and endshake bearings--but this looks like another part that is being offered purely for marketing reasons.

GUYS,

Spend the other $ 100.00 and send it to Mike............ can't wait to get my 627 back......