Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

Yeah, I'm a little confused by all the fancy online registration stuff. And if I'm confused, I can only imagine what it's doing to the hillbilly shooters from Tennessee and Oklahoma. ;)

So after chasing around after all the links, confirmation emails, shopping carts, account activation, status changes, etc., etc., etc., I think I've finally done everything correctly. Near as I can tell, I have transmitted $155 from my checking into Ray Hirst's personal Paypal account. :wacko:

At some point, I guess I will receive an email with a passcode that will allow me to self-squad for A5, right? And somehow I will be asked to select a time slot for the steel side match that doesn't conflict with the main match, right?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT, how does registration work for the steel challenge side match? Obviously not large enough for online squadding, but no information has been included thus far concerning the steel. Will it be taken care of during check-in?

Sorry guys... I should have gave you more info on the steel side of the match. You will be slotted into whatever time period of the three (Sat am, Sat pm, Sun am) That you are not scheduled to shoot Area 5. Say you are shooting A5 Saturday PM and Sunday AM. The only slot left for you to shoot the steel would be Saturday AM. Had you shot all day Saturday you would shoot steel Sunday morning. Had you shot Saturday AM and Sunday AM you would shoot steel Saturday afternoon. The only time you would have a choice on a time slot for the steel is if you were signed up for Friday to shoot Area 5.

This squadding will be done by Ray Hirst, but unless you are shooting all day Friday with staff the slot for your steel match should be obvious from the explaination above.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Yeah, I'm a little confused by all the fancy online registration stuff. And if I'm confused, I can only imagine what it's doing to the hillbilly shooters from Tennessee and Oklahoma. ;)

So after chasing around after all the links, confirmation emails, shopping carts, account activation, status changes, etc., etc., etc., I think I've finally done everything correctly. Near as I can tell, I have transmitted $155 from my checking into Ray Hirst's personal Paypal account. :wacko:

At some point, I guess I will receive an email with a passcode that will allow me to self-squad for A5, right? And somehow I will be asked to select a time slot for the steel side match that doesn't conflict with the main match, right?

Come now Mike, it's the same procedure and website as lat year and you managed to get it done didn't ya? :unsure: If it's to much for anyone you can always send it in by check and paper format. :blink:

I see you managed to get your pin and are already squadded on # 403.

As to what time you are shooting the steel?? Well, since you are shooting all day Saturday for A5 then you will be shooting Sunday AM for the Steel. The steel portion of the match is going on Sat and Sun only.

As to the paypal account... Anyone who is anyone in the USPSA knows Ray Hirst has been putting on matches longer than a lot of us have been in the sport. I'd b happy to refund your money if you are worried Mike....

For the southern folks wanting to talk to Mike about his comments, you will find him on squad 403 (Sat) shooting revo smoking a cigar. :goof:

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

As to the paypal account... Anyone who is anyone in the USPSA knows Ray Hirst has been putting on matches longer than a lot of us have been in the sport. I'd b happy to refund your money if you are worried Mike....

Well, I'm not real worried about Ray running away with the money! :P

Thanks for explaining the steel match thing. That was the main thing that was previously unclear.

JT:

Reggie Payne signed up same time as me and I received the email regarding self-squad and he did not. What should he do?

Thanks,

JDavidson

I sent it off to Dale who is doing the entry... he will check it out and get it straightened out.

JT

Well, I'm not real worried about Ray running away with the money! :P

Thanks for explaining the steel match thing. That was the main thing that was previously unclear.

:cheers:

Registered! My squad (409) says that I shoot Sat pm and Sun am, but it also says we shoot Sat 8am. Almost as if it is Sat all day. So yeah, I'm confused. Someone please clarify.

Micah stole my hat at the WVO and what little brain power I had was froze out!! Thanks for the help.

[sigh] Maybe it is just me---but when I try to checkout on the A5 website (after registering, activating, and trying to log in) I get a "You have entered the wrong CAPTCHA sequence. Please try again." message which is interesting because there WAS no captcha request required for login.

Tried it on several computers, with different browsers---same error message. Anyone else having this problem?

I'd much prefer to register online, compared to mailing it in.

I an having the same problem.I tried several different ways.We also tried starting over by registering my wife with a different Email address with no luck

I contacted Quinn Engineering ,the a 5 website designer,Now mine works .Try it again

I an having the same problem.I tried several different ways.We also tried starting over by registering my wife with a different Email address with no luck

I contacted Quinn Engineering ,the a 5 website designer,Now mine works .Try it again

Mike ,Nice touch.Now I think I need to wait for a pin # for squading? After the Single Stacks I am switching to Revolver for Area 5 .Are there any revolver squads that have room?