Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ghost load benelli

Blaster

Drop the bolt on a empty camber.

Fill the magazine to its capacity.

Pull the bolt back just far enough that you can push a round under the bolt.

Finish by inserting the last round in the chamber.

Phil G

If you are preloading at a match-load one in chamber, drop the bolt, load magazine tube. Then, carefully, rest butt against thigh, pull the bolt back about 2/3-put the 10th shell in brass first and let bolt close. If no table, hold butt tight to hip, keeping gun close to level and come over the top with the 10th shell. If it's an empty chamber start, skip the one in the chamber and just drop the bolt-then load magazine and ghost load last.

rest butt against thigh, pull the bolt back about 2/3-put the 10th shell in brass first and let bolt close.

Is your gun that hard to open? I hold the reciever just in front of the trigger guard with my right hand, trap the buttstock under my arm and I pull the bolt back with my right index finger. No need to brace it against my thigh.

If you are preloading at a match-load one in chamber, drop the bolt, load magazine tube. Then, carefully, rest butt against thigh, pull the bolt back about 2/3-put the 10th shell in brass first and let bolt close. If no table, hold butt tight to hip, keeping gun close to level and come over the top with the 10th shell. If it's an empty chamber start, skip the one in the chamber and just drop the bolt-then load magazine and ghost load last.

I would be careful here. Preloading usually means loading the mag ONLY off to the side into a side berm. If you come to the line with one in the chamber you get a DQ...

THEN when you come to the line and you get the LAMR command, open the bolt 3/4 of the way, drop one in the chamber, and push one under the bolt brass-end first, and drop the bolt. Make sure the bolt goes ALL the way into battery.

jj

I would be careful here. Preloading usually means loading the mag ONLY off to the side into a side berm. If you come to the line with one in the chamber you get a DQ...

THEN when you come to the line and you get the LAMR command, open the bolt 3/4 of the way, drop one in the chamber, and push one under the bolt brass-end first, and drop the bolt. Make sure the bolt goes ALL the way into battery.

jj

+ 1 I am happy that most events do not have a round in the chamber on the pre-load.

But that may just be me

Drop the bolt on a empty camber.

Fill the magazine to its capacity.

Pull the bolt back just far enough that you can push a round under the bolt.

Finish by inserting the last round in the chamber.

Phil G

Thanks, I guess that I need to get the rear notch on the bolt carrier welded. :D

Thanks,

Hoover