Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iraq Vs. Kentucky

ErikW

While working as an independent insurance adjuster in Louisville, KY on the "Derby Day Hailstorm" a few years ago I found 23 bullets lodged in roofs - total roofs inspected 1763. I have found many bullets in roofs all over the US in my 20+yrs in the biz but this is far and away the greatest number found in any one location. There is Truth behind this joke! :P

I just will never get used to a biased, or uneducated press.

The Kentuckian in the picture is in the woods with a bottle of Bourbon. He was shooting at dinner. Had he been celebrating Derby he would have been in Louisville with a Mint Julep. Had he been celebrating New Years it would have been dark.

When I went to the Onion link and saw the advertisment for the Vandersexx club I discharged my Remington 1100, not the double barrel.

C.R.O. reading his stage's course description

"Start Position: One hand on shot glass, the other on bottle of whiskey. Procedure: Upon start signal perform pour and drink shot, perform mandatory re-pour and drink shot. Engage targets as you see them. Shoot at the ones in the middle. Procedural penalties for spilling drink or throwing up."

Not always. Being a Kentuckian initially by birth and then by choice I promote these stereotypes whenever possible. The image of the ignorant drunken hillbilly as well as the erudite and mannerly Kentucky Colonel both serve to discourage immigration. We are overcrowded. You will not like it here. Pay attention to those stereotypes and, though you are welcome to visit, you would hate to live here. If we are not stuffy and clannish, we are ingorant and rude. And did I mention violent? There are people shooting around here all the time. Most weekends you actually have to choose to which match you are going.

This thread isn't funny. Stereotypes suck always.

Being half Kentuckian (although born in Indiana**), I completely disagree with both statements above.

I like the way Dale stated it, so I won't go on except to say that if a person can't laugh at themself (or their "people"), then they have a problem that's more pressing than a stereotype that is perceived to be negative.

**Which technically makes me a Filipoosier®, whereas my brother, who was born in Kentucky, is a Kentuckipino®. We pretty much have had to create our own stereotypes, but I can safely say they're all based on the facts. :lol:

Edited by rhino