Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Shooting Tips Video

Don't tell me to shoot a long course fast, as I only got one speed as fast as I can make good hits, if I kick in the nitrious its going to be crash and burn, I might even do the try thing and that would be the kiss of death.

ha i know exactly what you are talking about now. there is a definite point where TRYING to go really fast you actually just end up tensing your muscles and brain up more and make mistakes rather than benefiting at all

• 1 month later...

Ok, I posted this to some other forums where the big dogs typically don't run. Now I take the plunge.

If you recognize anything as that which someone else coined, please identify so I can give credit.

If you don't want credit or maybe I butchered your tip, please send me a PM to remove it.

If you have critique, please keep it positive. But recall many of these tips are for beginners, not for advanced shooters.

Many thanks in advance.

There's a lot of good info. and videos out, the could drive your self *^%$@*()@#!%^&% trying to use it all. It all goes back to what works for others may not work for you. Do your own thing and just have fun......... unless this is your job........ then have fun at the office.

I really liked your video. At the end you are talking about barricades and the LEAN, I am with you on the first side of a barricade, but on the second side wouldn't it be better to shoot them as you see them? I'll have to experiment, but what say you?

I wish you could clean it up some and add some more stuff. It is a resource I'll be refering to new shooters, put that thing on disc and market it. Most clubs would probably buy a copy, it really covers some good points!!!!

• 1 month later...

I too thought that that video was very well done and extremely informative. It was easy to understand and those tips were well chosen and solid. I also really appreciated the demonstrations with each point. I showed it to my fiancee who is also informally shoots USPSA and she thought it was terrific.

Thanks!

CAZ

Good video!

It sums up some things I've been told, some of which I had already forgotten while working on other things. And introduced me to a couple new concepts.

The "shoot major" tip doesn't apply in Production. Seems the cost factor has many new shooters starting in Production where major offers no advantage.

When I shoot Production, I get the worst of both worlds by using major power factor ammo. It really sucks. (My Production gun is a .40S&W and I don't have any .40 minor.)

Edited by mgood