Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FiveFingers Shoes

01G8R

Anyone tried the Vibram FiveFingers Shoes? I haven't seen them in person, but they look neat from what I've seen on the web. I'm looking at the KSO Trek series. Our local range is mostly grass and I was thinking I might try them out.

This thread might be better in Gear and Accessories. Mods please move if you think it would be better someplace else.

Edited by 01G8R

I do have a pair of KSOs, however, I have never used them in a match. I wouldn’t recommend them for waking/standing all day on any hard surfaces. Also, the sole is not as aggressive my Oakley boots.

If the range is all grass, they might do the trick, as I ussually wear them all day long when at the beach. If you wanna try them on any harder surfaces, I recommend also getting the Injinji socks (http://www.injinji.com), as they will provide a little more cushion for your feet.

One thing is for sure, if you get them, people will be staring at your feet anywhere you go.

:surprise::surprise:

One thing I forgot to add is that fitting on the Five Fingers is critical.

If you want to get them I recommend going to the store and trying them out. They are not made for everyone.

I like them primarily because they allow me to grip better with my toes. If you have city feet, I wouldn't recommend using them on gravel...at least not without some preparation. I will be doing more field testing in the future on Vibrams vs. Cleats. If you run in them, run short distances first and slowly work your way up. You can't fully appreciate the soreness you get from running barefoot (IE, with Vibrams) until you experience it.

Five fingers strengthen the feet as evidenced by how sore my feet were the first few times I exercised in them. If you wear to a match, beware of rocks and gravel...not as much protection as running shoes.

Phil G

I saw them for the first time a couple of weeks ago. One of my customers was wearing a pair. Said he bought them to run in and they do a good job for him.

It seems as if you'll wear them mostly in grass they'll be fine. Just don't wear them in mud as someone will likely report a sasquatch in the area!