Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal G34 mag releases?

lugnut

I shoot a G34 which comes with the extended mag button. I know I can also use the "std" button that comes with the G17 which is much shorter. I think it's illegal (not 100% sure) for me to modify the the extended button with the G34 to make it shorter but are there any other factory buttons that are somewhere between the short and extended ones?

No mods that I am aware of.

Glock is now offering a mid-length mag release. We're getting them on all our issued guns standard. They're about an even split between the normal and extended versions. I've had all of my guns swapped over to them so far....they're "just right" for a carry gun. R,

Glock is now offering a mid-length mag release. We're getting them on all our issued guns standard. They're about an even split between the normal and extended versions. I've had all of my guns swapped over to them so far....they're "just right" for a carry gun. R,

Got a part number by chance? :D

Glock is now offering a mid-length mag release.

Oh YES.

They're about an even split between the normal and extended versions

I assume then they're a bit longer than a Vickers. How are they on a table start?

I don't have a Vickers to compare, but I'm pretty sure they'd be fine on a table start...I'll check and update if it's a problem, but I can't imagine it would be. R,

Got a part number by chance? :D

Not handy, but I'm sure I can get it pretty easily and post here. :)

Please do!! Thanks! I don't want to shoot Open with my modified extended mag release if there is a better option! :blink:

I think you are correct... however I wonder if you could legally make an "internal" modification to the extended mag release button... another words cut it internally and pin it back together so that nothing is modified externally. Extreme maybe but it can't be too difficult. At least until Glock makes the mid length available.

I checked mine on a table and it should be no problem at all. I set it down and pushed and it didn't pop the mag. I was on the range all day, but tomorrow I'll send a note to try and get the part number. R,

I just checked and the mid-length mag release is marked "6351" on it. I don't know if that's the actual Glock number or what, but that's how it's marked. I had my G23 switched to that release in Dec of 2008, so they've existed for quite some time. R,

Thanks GMan. I called Glock and talked with April. She couldn't find the part number and I can't find anything that looks like it on the order form they sent. If anyone can crack this case let me know. It's funny how we can all get so excited about a little piece of plastic... just because of silly rules....

Thanks GMan. I called Glock and talked with April. She couldn't find the part number and I can't find anything that looks like it on the order form they sent. If anyone can crack this case let me know. It's funny how we can all get so excited about a little piece of plastic... just because of silly rules....

I'm going to try and talk to someone else and see if they can get me whatever Glock part number it is they use to order more of these....might take a little longer. R,

I'm going to try and talk to someone else and see if they can get me whatever Glock part number it is they use to order more of these....might take a little longer. R,

That's awesome GMan! Thanks.

I do find it odd that it is ok to stipple the grip but it is not ok to break the corners off the mag release.

It's funny what practicing table starts on a slab of concrete can do to those corners.

I checked mine on a table and it should be no problem at all. I set it down and pushed and it didn't pop the mag.

From what you're describing, I have to wonderful if the Vickers Tactical and "Glock's new mid-length magazine release button" aren't simply the same thing by another name.

I checked mine on a table and it should be no problem at all. I set it down and pushed and it didn't pop the mag.

From what you're describing, I have to wonderful if the Vickers Tactical and "Glock's new mid-length magazine release button" aren't simply the same thing by another name.

Duane- here's a pic of the Vickers Tactical release... it certainly doesn't have the numbers on it the GMan saw:

http://www.botachtactical.com/vitaexglmare.html

I just hope it's not the same so it can be used in competition.