Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the flying thing, I'm thinking Killeen. It looks closer and the money difference isn't much. Better go out Monday early. Looks like Sunday ,late, would be cutting it too close. Thanks, Buckshot.

Just curious-why do rules say if slung, muzzles up? I have one rifle that I can carry muzzle up in the gun-bearer style. All my other guns have rear and midpoint attachments and don't sling well-at all,really-with muzzles up. Would it be possible to give permission to sling muzzle down? WIth a flag or something in the chamber. I sometimes just want to carry from vehicle to stage without a case. Not a big deal. Thanks.

Just curious-why do rules say if slung, muzzles up?

Probably no reason except SMM 3-Gun says the same thing. I will poke the MD. Need to talk to him anyway.

Also, I am not sure it is a good assumption that we will be able to drive from stage to stage. Most of the bays are pretty close together, and there will be basically 2 squads at every bay. The traffic jam would be epic.

Lee

Just curious-why do rules say if slung, muzzles up?

Probably no reason except SMM 3-Gun says the same thing. I will poke the MD. Need to talk to him anyway.

Also, I am not sure it is a good assumption that we will be able to drive from stage to stage. Most of the bays are pretty close together, and there will be basically 2 squads at every bay. The traffic jam would be epic.

Lee

Yeah, I know. I've seen guys carrying muzzle down at Superstition. I know what you mean about driving. Superstition may be like that this year. May have to carry there as well. Bringing slings anyway. If it's 85 and sunny, I am not carrying cases and guns too far. Thanks.

The rules state scoring will be time plus, does that mean time plus like IMGA, with each stage being assigned 100pts and individual points based on stage percentages, or accumulated time like the local matches are scored??

trapr

The rules state scoring will be time plus, does that mean time plus like IMGA, with each stage being assigned 100pts and individual points based on stage percentages, or accumulated time like the local matches are scored??

trapr

As of this writing, it is time+penalties=score, lowest wins. However, it is under discussion to use stage points.

Lee, Time plus scoring is IMGA scoring which uses stage points. What TxMG uses is accumulated time scoring, for all the stages. lowest accumulated time for the match=WIN

I just want to know what to expect, all of us used to "IMGA" time plus scoring are expecting it to be that way.

A 10sec. penalty for missing a flying clay is a BIG deficit to overcome with accumulated time scoring, especially if it comes down to a discussion of whether it was hit or not????

Trapr

trapr

As of this writing, it is time+penalties=score, lowest wins. However, it is under discussion to use stage points.

If my opinion counts Time + is great as long as its finished with stage points

Total time works for Steel Challenge but 3 gun is Not steel Challenge.

Well its not Base Ball ether. :blink:

Anybody know about how many folks are signed up for heavy division? I'm tossing around the idea of switching from tactical to heavy. I sent Sheldon an email last week but didn't hear anything.

Anybody know about how many folks are signed up for heavy division? I'm tossing around the idea of switching from tactical to heavy. I sent Sheldon an email last week but didn't hear anything.

Just do it Bro you Rocked in the Heavy Class

Lee, Time plus scoring is IMGA scoring which uses stage points. What TxMG uses is accumulated time scoring, for all the stages. lowest accumulated time for the match=WIN

I just want to know what to expect, all of us used to "IMGA" time plus scoring are expecting it to be that way.

A 10sec. penalty for missing a flying clay is a BIG deficit to overcome with accumulated time scoring, especially if it comes down to a discussion of whether it was hit or not????

Trapr

If my opinion counts Time + is great as long as its finished with stage points

Total time works for Steel Challenge but 3 gun is Not steel Challenge.

+1 Cumulative scoring brings in varibles that could be completely out of the shooters control that can potentially create a very unfair situation and/or ruin a weekend. Large time deficits CAN NOT be made up regardless of what happens for the rest of the match and that is no fun for anybody.

Edited by Chris_Andersen

I am shooting my REPR again West, so.... :)

Don't know how many heavy optics shooters are signed up though.

Oh, man, I need to get with you and take a look at the REPR. Do want.

Hi West,

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been a little covered up but to answer your question there are 27 Tactical-Heavy competitors registered for the match.

Hi West,

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been a little covered up but to answer your question there are 27 Tactical-Heavy competitors registered for the match.

Thanks Sheldon. I know you are probably extremely busy with things, so I wasn't worried about it. I'm still rolling around the idea in my head. I'm going to try to decide at the range this evening. I'll shoot you an email if I do make up my mind.

ETA: Made up my mind. Email incoming to swap to heavy. :devil:

Edited by usp45ss

Hi West,

Thanks Sheldon. I know you are probably extremely busy with things, so I wasn't worried about it. I'm still rolling around the idea in my head. I'm going to try to decide at the range this evening. I'll shoot you an email if I do make up my mind.

ETA: Made up my mind. Email incoming to swap to heavy. :devil:

Yeah thanks a lot. It was bad enough I was going to come in 27th place now it will be 28th!

LOL I guess last place is still last place!

Oh, man, I need to get with you and take a look at the REPR. Do want.

No worries, I will be around. The REPR is a sweet weapon. It is more of a battle rifle than a competition gun, but I shot it at Fort Benning 3 Gun in December and it wasn't too bad.

Can anyone tell me how far the range is from the airport in Austin?

it is an hour,,,, drive,,,

look at flying in to Killeen,,, smaller airport,, up by Ft Hood,, no traffic.. no lines for the most part,,

Jim